Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 22nd, 2014 06:00

Dell C1760nw Color Printer Printing Problem Help!

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help, being driven mad by my printer problem!

I have a Dell C1760nw printer. Using Windows 8.1.

Right from the start I've had difficulties with this printer but always been able to fudge my way round it, but the past few days I haven't been able to get it to print out using it wirelessly.

For the record I CAN print out by attaching the cable from laptop to the printer with no problem, so I know the printer IS basically working OK in that respect.

Briefly, the printer control panel shows the "Wi Fi" lit up in solid blue, the little green light to its right is solid green and the panel show "Ready To Print". So this all seems OK.

I'm not very technical but when I put what I assume is the local address in(forgive me if that is not correct terminology!) my browser bar it gives all the printer data. It is showing as "ready" in a rectangular green box.. It shows all the printer inks as: OK. It shows paper and output trays as OK. Also that the rear cover is : closed. So the laptop seems to be in full communication with the printer. When you go to the printer server set up page it shows the link quality as: Good, once again suggesting the printer is in good communication with the laptop.

However, in spite of all of this, when I send a printout to what I am certain is the correctly named printer a message flashes up saying that the Dell printer is offline! This is in spite of everything else suggesting it is on, connected and ready. It is quite infuriating.

So, printer can print when directly cabled, all the messages suggest it is connected and ready but won't print wirelessly is the gist of it. It HAS printed wirelessly previously for weeks without problem-but keeps on taking these occasional turns of not working for no apparent reason :-( This time a solution had evaded me. Naturally I've tried switching everything on and off, re-establishing wi fi connection from router to printer, etc, etc.

Any suggestions, tips, hints or things to try would be very gratefully received as I'm sure I must be doing something wrong somewhere. If any further information is required PLEASE ask as I'd love to crack this problem once and for all!

Cheers

Heraldic

2 Posts

January 15th, 2015 21:00

I have the same problem, and Im tired to always turn off and turn on the printer to fix the issue, so I was digging in google and I found this great article, I have not tested it yet, but I believe that it is going to fix our issue.

[View:printersquestions.com/How-to-repair-offline-Dell-C1760nw.html:550:0]

3 Posts

January 16th, 2015 03:00

Hi there

Glad it is not just me then!

I tried your link but, unfortunately, it just says: page not found :-(

I wonder if you could do me a huge favour and post the correct link please, as I'd love to find the answer!!

Many thanks.

No Events found!