Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 26th, 2017 09:00

Dell C1765NFW on macOS Sierra?

I just bought a brand new MacBook Pro (my first Mac) and am trying to connect it to the Dell C1766NFW.   I can't seem to find a driver that is compatible with macOS Sierra.  It is Version 10.12.3.  I realize I can print through a USB cord but want to print wirelessly like I can with my Windows laptop.  Is this possible?  Any help that you all can provide would certainly be appreciated. Thank you for your time in advance.

5 Posts

August 17th, 2017 07:00

You just download and install the driver listed in the second post. I did a restart and the printer does not show up automatically, However, if you go to your printers in setting and click the "+" for adding a printer it will find and all will be good again ...

• 

16.7K Posts

March 27th, 2017 09:00

PeakTek78,

Unfortunately, Dell does not have a specific driver for the mac OS Sierra. We only have 1 mac OS Driver for this printer. 

Dell c1765nfw Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

7 Posts

March 27th, 2017 12:00

Thanks, Jesse.  So, if I understand correctly, my printer won't work with my new Mac.  Correct?  Does Dell plan on releasing an updated macOS driver for this printer?  Please advise.

• 

16.7K Posts

March 28th, 2017 05:00

PeakTek78,

Dell has no plans for creating any other drivers for this printer.

3 Posts

April 18th, 2017 07:00

I was just given a C1765NFW laser printer.  This morning I connected it wirelessly to my iMac running Sierra 10.12.4.   I seems to work great.   I went to the Dell support site for this printer and downloaded a driver that loaded easily onto my iMac.   My only problem is trying to print to 4x6 photo paper.  Not sure if this printer is capable of doing that.  

Hope this helps.

7 Posts

April 18th, 2017 08:00

What driver?  My MacBook Pro will not accept the one driver I can find.  Any way you can send to me if I give you my email address?  

3 Posts

April 21st, 2017 08:00

I can try

7 Posts

April 21st, 2017 09:00

You can try?  I'm confused.  It's simple.  I give you my email address, you send me driver that worked.  What am I missing?

September 23rd, 2018 11:00

I am receiving a message that the driver is not compatible with this Mac and may potentially harm my system.  Should I proceed anyway and download the driver??

5 Posts

October 18th, 2018 10:00

@PeakTek78 wrote:

I just bought a brand new MacBook Pro (my first Mac) and am trying to connect it to the Dell C1766NFW.   I can't seem to find a driver that is compatible with macOS Sierra.  It is Version 10.12.3.  I realize I can print through a USB cord but want to print wirelessly like I can with my Windows laptop.  Is this possible?  Any help that you all can provide would certainly be appreciated. Thank you for your time in advance.

Try this workaround I posted for e310dw printer driver installer in High Sierra.

I don't understand why Dell support employees or their macOS app driver developers don't know this workaround.

You would think the ones that created the driver would know enough to create an installer that would work in High Sierra or Mojave as it's just a matter of selecting compatibility in 32/64-bit before compiling the app.

No Events found!