Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2017 22:00

Dell C1765NFW printer scans and copies with unwanted PINK background!

I have an unusual problem.  This Dell printer works wonderfully with printing, but when I use it to make copies or to scan something to a flash drive, it always does it with a "PINK" background!  What gives?  Is there a fix?  Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 23rd, 2017 10:00

Before you move the file to the flash drive, in the scanning software, is the background pink?

When you open the saved scan file from the flash drive or on any other computer, is the background image of the saved scan file pink?

6 Posts

January 23rd, 2017 13:00

By the way, the printer works perfectly fine for printing.

6 Posts

January 23rd, 2017 13:00

Chris, thanks for responding.  When run a sheet of paper (to make a copy) through the printer (via the feeder so that it crosses the glass), it comes out pink.  When I scan a document with a white background (using the same glass) onto the flash drive and I attach the file from the flash drive and send it to others, the background is pink.  If I look at the file (from the flash drive) on the computer, the background is pink.

6 Posts

January 23rd, 2017 15:00

Does anyone else have an answer for this problem?  The bottom line is that printing on the Dell C1765NFW works perfectly, but doing anything through the top feeder or directly on the glass (copying and scanning) results in a PINK background.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 24th, 2017 06:00

I cannot find any Dell documentation or other users discussing this issue. Perhaps a local printer repair shop can look at it and determine what parts may need replacing.

6 Posts

January 24th, 2017 19:00

No one here in east Texas knows how to address this and, instead, they refer me back to DELL.  I guess this is a problem that's never been encountered.  I'll have to purchase a new printer.  It likely will not be DELL.

55 Posts

January 30th, 2017 07:00

Not quite clear on your method of scanning. Are you using the ADF feeder where it pulls the paper and scans it? Or are you laying the paper to be scanned on the scanner bed glass? These are 2 different scan methods.

6 Posts

February 11th, 2017 11:00

UncleSmash, the results are the same no matter whether I feed it through or lay it directly on the glass.  Any ideas?

No Events found!