Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

March 28th, 2018 08:00

E515dw, can print but can't scan

We have a  Dell E515dw and it's USB connected to a Windows 10 PC. 

I am able to print to it without issue yet when I put a document on the glass and hit Scan, it says "Check Connection". I have reloaded the Drivers and even swapped out the USB to A/B Cable with a brand-spanking new one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

2 Posts

August 30th, 2018 17:00

I found running View Scanners and Printers seemed to reconnect the scanner. I have Windows 7. Good luck to all.

2 Posts

September 24th, 2018 13:00

Actually, it doesn't always work. Ugh.

2 Posts

January 8th, 2020 14:00

Same problem.

2 Posts

January 8th, 2020 14:00

I have the printer connected by usb to a Win 10 PC, and have the same problem.  The scanner worked until a few months ago, when an update must have broken it.  Now the Dell Printer hub says "no scanner installed" and the scan button on the device says "check connection" when the scan button is pressed.  I have used the scanner many times in the past, but now it's gone missing.  Any solutions out there?

2 Posts

January 22nd, 2021 07:00

Hey bud. Same problem here when replaced PC. Do these steps, guarantee a fix:

1. Download the full driver package from DELL and install it (Dell Multifunction Printer | E514dw Software Suite and Driver) from here:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/dell-e514dw-printer/drivers

2. Change the "Scan Profiles" per DELL Support's info. Here's the link to it:
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000135670/printer-will-not-scan-from-automatic-document-feeder

That should make it feed the paper when you scan it from the flatbed.

2 Posts

January 12th, 2022 09:00

Where do I find View Scanners and Printers?  I know your post is old ... but I'm hoping you'll remember.

2 Posts

January 12th, 2022 09:00

On the second link ... there is no item 
"Scan."
I'm at a total loss. (I also still have Windows 7 Pro which might be the issue with not having the menu item "Scan.")

February 27th, 2022 07:00

When attempting to download the full driver package my computer said it wouldn't download as it found a virus

No Events found!