Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2015 20:00

Dell E525W Multi Function Color Printer

I have a new E525W printer that will no longer print from my PC.  I suspect wireless settings are messed up.  How can I reinstall this printer to reset everything back to factory settings.  It worked fine for about 3 weeks.  The wireless icon has a gear on the lower left hand side on the "Ready to Copy" on the main panel display. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 20th, 2015 17:00

rnewton5mn,

First try reading...

Troubleshooting Network Problems on the Dell V525w and V725w AIO Inkjet Printers

and

Troubleshooting Setup for the Dell 525w and 725w AIO Inkjet Printers

If that does not work, I suggest running Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print job(s) from the queue, then restart your computer.

Make sure the printer is not usb cable connected. Start, control panel programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

On the printer, click on the wrench, look for reset the printer adapter back to factory settings and reset it.

Then reinstall the printer like it was a new printer. Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

29 Posts

August 18th, 2015 03:00

rnewton5mn,

The "wireless icon has a gear" shows that the printer has lost connection with the router.

Has the router SSID/password changed or has it been moved too far away from the printer?

If neither, suggest that you run the CD and reinstall the wireless again.

No Events found!