Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2010 13:00

Dell MFP 1815dn only prints horizontal black line when receiving BellSouth Faxmail

PLEASE HELP - When I am on the phone incoming faxes go to voicemail (service is called Faxmail because they are faxes) and then they can be retrieved/printed when I am off of the phone. 

The machine only prints a horizontal black line when receiving a fax from BellSouth's Faxmail service.   The fax machine recognizes the 2nd ring pattern correctly, answers correctly but the stored faxes do not print correctly.   There is only a solid black horizontal line near the top of each page.   Dell tech support was not helpful.   BellSouth tested and confirmed the faxes print corrctly when they test by sending the stored faxes to another fax machine.  Anyone else have similar problem or any suggestions?

All other printer, copier, scanner, fax functions work correctly - but this is essential for me.  Thanks! 

December 2nd, 2010 14:00

I'm still waiting for the answer, It's very long now, Here is also the same case, Got the workaround?

2 Posts

December 2nd, 2010 15:00

No work around and I have not found an answer yet.   Are you having the same issue?   Did you find another post also with a similar issue?  Your post mentioned another case but there was no additional link or details.   Must be a firmware/hardware issue that has never been corrected.   The faxes print perfectly to other very basic fax only machines.   I had another (same model machine) previously that worked fine when I worked for another company and bought this machine, set it up identically but am unable to receive a readable page when receiving from faxmail.   Please let me know if you find out anyhthing else.   Dell support gave no help and just said it was a Bellsouth/at&t problem but I have been able to work through and test with at&t main office and they can print my saved messages to their fax machines with no problem.

No Events found!