Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2014 12:00

Dell MFP 3115cn printer Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) does not respond

When I moved into my new office, I inherited this Dell printer. One other person in my office has this printer, and I have found that she has the same issue! The ADF does not respond or try to accept multiple pages to either copy or scan. The only way to scan is to use the flatbed, and adobe acrobat, and to scan the pages one by one. I have tried Googleing this issue, to no avail, and I tried an option listed in this forum to reset NVRAM, but that has not changed anything. I have tried changing different setting on the panel on the printer, but I have found nothing that works. I am the only user of this printer, it is not shared. I am using Windows 7; 95% of what I scan is in PDF Suggestions or ANSWERS, anyone???

1 Rookie

• 

253 Posts

July 18th, 2014 06:00

Hello GAYLER,

Sorry to hear your having trouble with your device. Do you get any errors messages such as paper jam or anything else? If you try load a multiple page document to strictly make a copy or fax does that work? Try cleaning the feed rollers and pad in the ADF with an alcohol wipe to remove any build-up.

Regards,
Joseph E

[tag:iworkfordell]

2 Posts

July 18th, 2014 08:00

Hey, Joseph E, thank for your reply! No, I do not get any error messages AT ALL. If I load multiple page document on the ADF, there is no response of any kind. No attempt to pull it in, no sounds, no lights, nothing. When I scan one by one using Adobe Acrobat on the flat bed, I don’t get the option of ADF for it, either. I'll trying cleaning...it won't hurt!
No Events found!