Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 29th, 2009 15:00

Dell P713w Wireless All-In-One Printer owners thread

Please follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java 

I recommend that you use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings to get the best communications between the printer and all the computers.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall the printer.

If using Windows 7 also try...Manual Printer Driver Removal

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP/Vista/Windows 7 32-bit drivers

XP/Vista/Windows 7 64-bit drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on). Please make sure your computer is online when installing the drivers.

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

If using Windows 7, use the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode. 

Right click on the setup.exe file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility Vista SP2. Then right click on the drivers, left click run as administrator and follow the on screen instructions. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 29th, 2009 15:00

Dell Series 21, 24 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 21, 24 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It possible to get a Dell Series 21, 24 Cartridge with a bad sensor. Take back to place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

6 Posts

October 22nd, 2011 07:00

I am new to Dell User Forum. I don't know where else to go to get help. I purchased a new P713w printer last June and as of yesterday I have replaced the printhead 3x with Dell support persons' assistance. I am wanting to get this printer replaced but the support persons will not do so until it breaks down again. I am using the color and black 24 series ink cartridges. I have 240 days left on my warranty. Also, I am told by the Dell support person (last night) that if a replacement of my printer happens it will be a used one, not a new one! grrr.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 11th, 2011 14:00

yelselseivad,

Try...

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Since you recedntly purchased new cartridges, contact Dell at the phone number listed on the packaging slip and explain to the the problem. I can't remember but this might be the model that might need the printhead replaced.

Rick

1 Message

November 11th, 2011 14:00

I purchased black and colour ink cartridges from the Dell website  for my p13w printer but it won't print in colour anymore. I've even tried another new colour cartridge but it won't print in colour either. When I print an page no colour blocks print only black blocks print.  If I print a page in colour only it prints black but will print perfectly in black only.

I have removed the cartridges and cleaned the heads - no difference

The lcd screen shows that there is a full colour cartridge installed.

Help I spent over €100 on ink and I have a printer that's useless - it's no good if it doesn't print in colour.

Any suggestions. presume that as I purchased them from Dell they are real and not generic cartridges, they had plastic covers on them.

No Events found!