Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2010 15:00

Dell Photo 926 All-in-One OCR software location?

I have a Dell Photo All-in-one Printer/Scanner/Fax.  It is connected to my Dell Inspiron running Windows 7 and runs fine except when I try to scan a document to import to an app such as Word.  It previews the document just fine but after scanning it sends an error message than I need to install the OCR software.  Where can I find this software since it doesn't seem to be on the original Dell reinstall CD?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 22nd, 2010 15:00

volkswalker,

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

f you do not have the printer disk, then try using Simple OCR, it should work nicely with your printer.

Also try reading...

Update list of applications to send scans to. You'll need to use the Dell All-In-One Center to scan to Microsoft Word.

Rick 

1 Message

January 18th, 2012 13:00

I have a Dell Photo All-in-one Printer/Scanner/Fax.  It is connected to my Dell Inspiron running Windows 7 and runs fine except when I try to scan a document to import to an app such as Word.  It previews the document just fine but after scanning it sends an error message than I need to install the OCR software.  Where can I find this software since it doesn't seem to be on the original Dell reinstall CD?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 18th, 2012 14:00

The OCR Program is on the printer disk and is needed to scan and fax.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Rick

1 Message

October 19th, 2012 23:00

okay, i lost the printer cd so i downloadedthe software online and it works only for thescanning part it always ask me for the OCR in the disk.Seeing as i don't have the disk i searched the internet and came to this site and saw your instruction and downloaded the simple OCR but after that it still ask me for the OCR when scanning can you tell me what i am supposed to do.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 21st, 2012 13:00

Liyasayli,

If you CLICK HERE, on the next page, start conversation with, we can discuss your OCR options there.

Rick

1 Message

January 20th, 2013 17:00

That was simple and Fast, thanks Rick.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 20th, 2013 22:00

John.D,

Glad you managed to get the OCR Program installed.:emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

January 18th, 2015 07:00

I had exactly the same difficulty as volkswalker, 5/22/2010,

and, after following Rockst*r-Rick's 5/22/2010 clear instructions,

I easily installed the OCR software from the original Dell 926 printer's CD

and can now scan to MS Word.

Smoothest, most perfectly effective online help ever!!

Many thanks, Rick!!!

--happy scanner

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 19th, 2015 16:00

happy scanner,

Glad you got it working! Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!