Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 9th, 2011 11:00

Dell Photo AIO 924 on Windows 7

I recently had to buy a new home PC, which of course came with Windows 7 installed. Now I find my Dell multifunction printer (model 924) won't work.Looks like there are no drivers for it. At least not yet.

While I think it is just lovely that I now have to buy all sorts of new hardware and software to accommodate Windows 7, I am quite fond of this Dell printer and think it's a terrible waste to just throw it in the trash.  I've got some klugy workarounds (like running this as a shared device on my old Win XP laptop). but this seems rather awkward and unnecessary.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 10th, 2011 07:00

fwhankey_ii,

This is not tested by Dell but try loading the XP or Vista drivers in Windows 7 using Compatibility Mode.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 10th, 2011 12:00

fwhankey_ii,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 924 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

No Events found!