Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 29th, 2009 14:00

Dell Photo AIO Printer 962 - All-in-One Center Software does not appear in Windows Vista 64-bit

Recently I bought a new Laptop Dell and installed the AIO Printer 962 Driver downloaded from the Dell Support Webpage. Despite the fact I am able to print, I am not able to scan, since I have not found the All-in-One Center Software. Anyone knows how could I get this software or solve the problem?

Thanks

John

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 29th, 2009 22:00

John,

Try re-installing the printer using the instructions below and tell me if the error still occurs.

Make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

2 Posts

October 5th, 2009 21:00

Hi!

I have a similar problem i.e. I am on Vista 64 bit and am using the Dell AIO 962 Photo printer - printing is working fine but I don't have the ALL-IN-ONE-Center software and don't have the original Dell CD with the software. Do you know if this software is downloadable form anywhere? The ALl-IN-ONE-Center helps with scanning, etc.

Tx.

Rajey.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 6th, 2009 04:00

Rajey,

Follow the instructions I gave to John. The Dell All-In-One Center is in the drivers package.

Rick

2 Posts

October 7th, 2009 21:00

Tx Rick. It worked.

Rajey

1 Message

October 7th, 2009 21:00

I am having the same problem.  The root of the problem seems to be that the downloadable drivers from Dell do not contain the ABBYY software necessary for scanning.  From what I have been able to find, the only source for that software is the original CD.  If you don't have the CD there is no hope.  I don't have the original CD.  Are there any alternatives?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 8th, 2009 07:00

Rajey,

Sorry, didn't want to leave you out, Glad you got it working and thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 8th, 2009 07:00

sregolino,

Yes, without the disk, you'll need to download an OCR Program from the internet. I have tried Simple OCR before and it should work on on your operating system.

Rick

1 Message

November 1st, 2009 20:00

Rick, this was most helpful. I had the same problem as the other John who wrote. I followed your directions and everything went fine.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 2nd, 2009 01:00

jhwatson4,

GREAT JOB! :emotion-21: Glad you got it working. Looks like you've been doing some searching.

Take care,

Rick

2 Posts

March 31st, 2011 21:00

I have a Dell laptop that I upgraded the OS to Windows 7 Ultimate.  I try to get the driver for Dell photo AIO printer 962 driver for Windows 7.  Where can I get it.

Thanks for your help.  Lkx

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 1st, 2011 03:00

lkx,

When you installed Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) did you install the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers first? If not the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order If you cannot find Windows 7 drivers, then try using the Vista (or XP) 32-bit drivers, for Windows 7 32-bit of the Vista (or XP) 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit and install the drivers in the Compatibility mode

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 962 All-In-One Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Rick

2 Posts

April 1st, 2011 13:00

Rick, thank you for the information of how to download and install the Dell Printer 962 driver.  I'll try it soon and let you know the result.

Thanks,

Lkx

No Events found!