Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

NM

April 12th, 2008 11:00

Dell Photo AIO printer 922

I have connected my printer to my new laptop and can print successfully but can't scan.  I do not have the AIO center screen.  I have removed printer and reloaded, added drivers from dell site but cannot get scanner working.  Can anybody assist me please?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 12th, 2008 16:00

Disconnect your printer and please follow the instructions below. If you have Vista, run the patch first. It will completely remove the bad installation.

Because most people don't post enough information, like computer make and model, operating system, printer make and model and how they're connected. These are basic printer installation instructions. If using USB, then only do the top section. If using a print sever, then I would recommend Fixing the network first. Then follow the instructions below. If printer has a network card, the skip past the print server part and install the printer.

How are you connected to the printer? wired of wireless?

If wired, Disconnect your printer. Go to start/programs/Dell printers and un-install your printer. If using Vista, go to drivers and downloads and download the patch and install the patch. This will remove the printer and files. Be patient. When done, it should prompt you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer. Download drivers and firmware.

Install your printer drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect it.

Then install the firmware.

If wireless, fix your network first.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA security

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most devices work better on these channels.

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

If wireless printer server is used, Plug USB cable into computer and print server. Insert the print server disk. Choose Network, then choose print server and follow the instructions. If the disk does not work for Vista, you may have to go to drivers and downloads and download the 3300 drivers and install from that program.

Now setup the printer.

Now go to drivers and downloads/select product/printers/select your printer. Download drivers and firmware.

Install your printer drivers. Choose Network. Follow instructions. If using a print server, choose add, then using print server.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 15th, 2008 21:00

That sounds strange. Did you, disconnect your printer and run this patch first to remove the printer totally from your system, then restart your computer?

Then install the drivers, it will prompt you when to connect it.

3 Posts

April 15th, 2008 21:00

Thank you for your help and I have downloaded drivers and now have the all in one centre and the scanner working.  Unfortunately my printer is not working correcly now. I get the message 'printer cannot communicate with computer.  Turn on 'enable biodirectional communication setting in the printer properties diaglogue.

I have gone to printer properties using 'run as administrator' and ticked the 'enable biodirectional support box (I cannot see one that says communication) but when I try and print the same message appears and when I go back into properties the tick is no longer showing in the biodirectional box. I have windows vista 32 bit and have ticked this box using the run as an administrator. I use a Acer Aspire 9420 laptop.

Can you give me any further advise please?

3 Posts

April 21st, 2008 11:00

Thank you so much for your help I am now scanning and printing successfully.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 21st, 2008 16:00

Please remember

For scanning using USB, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click onscanning and copying and scan from there.

If scanning wirelessly, then use the scan button on the printer.

No Events found!