Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2009 14:00

Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 962 Problems

I am getting an error message on the front panel of the printer saying "Cartridge Error : Error 1203" consult User Guide.  There is nothing in the User Guide regarding this error message.  I went to Dell Support online and found that this is a "print head short error."   The printer will not work at all, not even the copy function.  The cartridge just leaks out toner.  I clean it, replace it, and the same thing happens.  I have tried 2 new cartridges with the same results. I get an error message on the computer saying the printer is "busy" even when I don't have a print job running.  I have tried all the on-line recommended fixes from Dell Support, but nothing works.  Is the printer dead, or is there something I can do to fix it?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 7th, 2009 14:00

Steve,

Error 1203 is a very interesting cartridge error. It means your catridges overflow even from brand new catridges after a several prints or right after you refilled the catridges. Check to see if ink are smeared on the holder where the contact panel with the cartridge

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Rick

1 Message

March 27th, 2009 17:00

Steve,

I am having the same problem with my 962. I've tried all the online solutions. Were you able to resolve cartridge error 1203?

Can you help?

1 Message

May 12th, 2012 01:00

I am getting the 1203 cartridge error.  I only buy Series 5 from Dell.  I have never refilled a cartridge.  I have tried cleaning the cartridges.  That doesn't work.  I have wasted 3 cartridges trying to resolve this error.  Dell cartridges are expensive.  I could have bought a brand new printer for the cost of the 3 cartridges.  Be honest.  There has to be another problem.  I have pulled the plug out and then I can print a few pages.  Then the error appears again.  I read some post that I said to reinstall the printer drives.  Is this a waste of time?  How do I do that?.   A new printer is not in the budget right now. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 12th, 2012 03:00

bvanslett,

Sounds like you need to take the cartridges to the place of purchase for replacement. If these were Dell Series 5 ink cartridges, it is possible to get defective cartridges.

Rick

2 Posts

June 28th, 2012 14:00

I have a problem,my dell printer 962 when i press the power button it wont come,why that?

2 Posts

June 28th, 2012 15:00

can some tell me why my dell printer 962 wont power on

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 29th, 2012 14:00

wamphyri65,

Unplug the printer form the wall. Now remove the power brick for 30 seconds, This will reset any error message the printer is getting. Plug everything back in.

What happens?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 11th, 2013 08:00

samuel oothuppan,

Error 1203 is a very interesting error code. Here is what I found out about error 1203

Error 1203 is a very interesting cartridge error. It means your catridges overflow even from brand new catridges after a several prints or right after you refilled the catridges. Check to see if ink are smeared on the holder where the contact panel with the cartridge

Solution:
I use the lint free cloth(coffee filter work great) with a few drops of water to dampen and clean off those contact on the holder and my printer work again.
Then before you print anything, you should run aligned the catridges a couple times then run clean catridges a couple times.
Print the test page to see how it's look and way you go.
Be sure not to leave any debris of lint free cloth(coffee filter work great on those holder contact panel.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Rick

April 11th, 2013 08:00

error message 1203

No Events found!