Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

July 2nd, 2008 18:00

Dell Photo Printer 720 Compatibility

Is the 720 compatible with Windows Vista?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2008 19:00

Yes it is. If you tell me is you have Vista 32-bit or Vista 64-bit system, I give you specific instructions on how to install the printer. Since Vista is a stubborn system, a special patch is needed to remove the old printer drivers that were installed from either using the printer disk or connecting the printer too soon.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 2nd, 2008 19:00

Sorry, I stand corrected. It is only compatable with Vista 32-bit systems.

Here's the installation instructions.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers from here. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

July 2nd, 2008 22:00

Rick,

Thank you!  i do have a 32 bit system, but i am still having problems.  I downloaded and ran both of the items you left me....now what do i do?  do i go to add a printer (when i do this, i get this message: Windows can't open Add Printer.  The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine) ?

Meghan

July 2nd, 2008 23:00

Okay,  I now have a printer in my control panel.  When i go to print a test page i get this message: Test page failed to print.  Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance?  The device is not ready.  Underneath the printer in my control panel it says "ready."

I also get the message:  Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed. 

The print spooler will not remain started.  I constantly am restarting it.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

If you followed the instructions exactly like I described above, you should now have a printer.

To start the Print Spooler, try this.

Start, run(Windows key and R Key at the same time)

type

services.msc

hit enter

Look for the Print Spooler. Make sure it's set for automatic. Also restart the service.

Now what do you have?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 3rd, 2008 00:00

Right click on the printer. Make sure it's online and not Offline.

2 Posts

January 4th, 2010 22:00

Is the 720 going to ever be compatible with Windows 7

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 4th, 2010 22:00

adeli20,

This thread must be really old as there are Vista 64-bit drivers, too!.

Follow the instructions located at...

720 Color Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Then tell me what happens.

Rick

No Events found!