Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

April 10th, 2009 08:00

Dell Photo Printer 720

Hi

My printer has recently started to print envelopes in blue, even though the accompanying letter is printed correctly in black. Both black & coloured cartridges are still half full. If I take the coloured printer cartridge out of the printer, the envelope doesn't print at all. I have previously used the printer for almost five years without this problem.

Any ideas?

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 10th, 2009 08:00

wet a folded paper towel and wipe the face of the cartrige where the ink comes out.

Also try leaving them sitting on the wet towel for a bit.

Ink dries out.

7 Posts

April 11th, 2009 06:00

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it hasn't cured the problem. I have tried most other things, so it was well worth a try. What I omitted to say before, was that any of my coloured photo images I print, also print in blue.

I reckon the problem is what I suspected in the first place - that it's due to cheap replacement cartridges I bought locally, probably false economy as it turns out.

Thanks again.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 11th, 2009 11:00

hirundo08,

You are using Dell Series 1 ink cartridges, correct?

Dell Series 1 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 1 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 1 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would that these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

7 Posts

April 11th, 2009 12:00

The cartridges are refilled by Cartridge World, replacing Dell T0530.  Half the price of Dell, where I have always purchased previously. You get what you pay for of course, but maybe I shouldn't complain too much. The printer was free with my Laptop some fie years ago!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 11th, 2009 16:00

hirundo08,

I used to have a Lexmark printer and had some refilled there and the results were not that great. From that day on, I started purchasing the manufacturers brand. I tried to make photos with them and I ended up getting them printed elsewhere.

Rick

7 Posts

April 12th, 2009 08:00

I reckon I will have to go back to Manufacturers brand as well, it's not as if I do all that much printing. But I could do with with a scanner and copier as well, so maybe it's time I invested in a new reliable printer which do all three.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 12th, 2009 12:00

Peter,

I don't do much printing, either. At the current time, I have a Dell 964 printer attached to a Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300. I have 5 laptops that can print wirelessly, scan copy, etc. It really depends on what YOU really want the printer for.

Little printing = Inkjet          Much printing = Laser

I take my photos from my camera and ones I scan and put them on a disk.I usually take them to a place and upload them there as they can be printed for a much cheaper price that I can pay for ink and paper. I mostly keep the printer going for homework assignments and a coupon from time to time. My wife like to copy things, too. My printer is an All-In-One. You also need to make sure that the printer that you're checking out, has the drivers needed for your operating system. You may also want to compare the price of ink cartridges from the manufacturer. You may want to also have a wireless printer, but PLEASE check out reviews as some of the features don't work wirelessly for some of the other makes and models.

This should be a start for you to consider on what to look for in a printer. Your location can also be a contributing factor, as my friend in Jerusalem pointed out to me that they do not have the same brand names available to them there.

Rick

7 Posts

April 13th, 2009 08:00

Thanks for the advice Rick - plenty to think about there and will check out the printers on Dell.

Thanks again - from Yorkshire in the UK.

Peter.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 13th, 2009 22:00

Peter,

I had made a mistake in the earlier post. The Dell Series ink cartridges should be Series 1. My error and I have corrected this in the above post.

Sorry,

Rick

No Events found!