Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

May 6th, 2016 21:00

Dell Printer Easy Install not finding my new printer

Had a Dell Color Cloud MFP H825cdw delivered today. Running Windows 10, with all updates "up to date". I took the following steps:

• Turned on printer, connected phone line for fax, set up wireless and made sure wireless "button" is lit up (turned on) and not flashing
  • Made sure no other cables were connected to the printer
  • Changed "sleep mode" to 30 minutes so printer wouldn't fall asleep during installation
  • Put driver disk in laptop tray, ran "auto play"
  • Dell Printer Easy Install popped up, searched for printer, progress bar reached the far right, and the box sat there for 30 minutes, never indicating the printer had been found. 
  • Made one more pass as ensuring all Windows updates were in fact up to date, then restarted the computer
  • Ran disk auto-play again, same result
  • Restarted computer
  • Opened disk, right clicked on "setup" and ran as administrator. Same result 
  • Downloaded newest drivers from Dell web site (appear to have updated last month)
  • Ran downloaded file as administrator...same result

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 17R, running Windows 10 64 bit, 8gb Ram, Intel i5-323OM CUP @ 2.6GHz. 

Where to go from here? 

331 Posts

May 8th, 2016 14:00

Hi rhodesmk,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

Please try reseating the USB cable, check if other devices are detected on this system using the same USB port. If it is not detected, update the chipset driver for the system. Try a different USB port on the system, if the system is still not detecting the printer. Request you to check with the different USB cable, check if this printer is detected on another system.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

No Events found!