shoeboxdi
1 Copper

Dell Printer Photo 964

Every print cartridge order comes with at least one bad print cartridge.  I install it and there is no ink indicated.  I am sure this is due to the recycling process and maybe damaged cartridge or missed the fill.  It is very frustrating to get on the phone with Dell every time I receive an order.  Has anyone had a problem with print cartridges like this? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
schlo
2 Iron

Re: Dell Printer Photo 964

go to walgreens and fill them,,the only problem will be they do not respond at a time u need to fill them?

schlo

0 Kudos
Shogun33
2 Iron

I'd be wary of refills. First of all the ink formulation will not be the same AND there's a built in 'fuse' within Dell cartridges. This lets you know what the ink level is at. This cannot be reset, even by refilling. So you'd never really have an accurate gauge as to how much ink you have left.

Shogun33

0 Kudos
Highlighted

shoeboxdi,

I usually order my Dell Series 5 ink cartridges from Dell on an as needed purchase. That way I know the ink cartridge is not sitting around for a period of time.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos