Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2012 04:00

Dell Printer V715W - Print Head Error

I keep getting a print head error. I changed the ink  black and color twice, took the print head out cleaned it twice SAME ERROR

Help

565 Posts

June 20th, 2012 14:00

Hi cybworld,

Welcome to the Community.

I understand the concern that you have with the printer

I appreciate that you have removed and re-installed Print head and also cartridges. Please follow the steps and let me know if it has resolved the print head error please perform the following steps:

Open the cover --- this step will move the Print Head from home position to the center

Power OFF by removing the adaptor

Lift the latch. Remove the Print Head (No need to remove ink tank from Print Head)

Reinstall the Print Head in the cradle and then press down the PH or ink tank firmly. Close the latch. Close the Cover

Reinstall the power adaptor -- No need to press Power ON it will auto realign the Print Head to home position and message "Align?" display (this message show the customer had install the Print Head correctly and successfully)

If the Print head (PH) error continues:

Check and update the Firmware to the latest version.

Note: that you can’t update the firmware when the printer has an ERROR present.

Remove the Print Head and when you get the PH Missing message, press cancel. You should be able to update the Firmware now. I am also sending you the link so that you can install and update firmware of the printer

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Please respond in case you need any further assistance or clarification.

1 Message

June 20th, 2012 15:00

Not really sure how this works but here goes---

I was having a problem with my printer (v715w)--called a Dell tech and got no help.  Found this "Forum" by accident and darn if someone else didn't have the same problem.  Your answer to that person fixed my printer.  I could not believe it!  Thank you so much and I hope this goes through.

xcanuk

1 Message

June 21st, 2012 22:00

I tried both of the above directions. Neither worked for me.  I still keep getting the error message "There is a problem with the printhead. Please consult User's Guide".  I have clean the printhead at least three times and this did not resolve the issue.  I went to the link you indicated. Firmware was updated but no resolution to my printhead problem.  My printer is approximately 16 months old just like one of the other members of the community. I will not buy another DELL printer.  I had purchase $96.00 worth of ink and now printer doesn't work.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 22nd, 2012 02:00

2ponds,

Try reading...

Cleaning the Printhead on Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

and

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Try shaking the Dell Series cartridges before reseating them.

Here is a video on how to reseat the cartridges. The Printer Does Not Recognize the Ink Cartridge or Only Prints in One Color

We have also found a Replacement Printhead for your printer.

Rick

21 Posts

June 22nd, 2012 13:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community,

remove the print head and ink cartridges

clean the print head and clean the metal  contacts on ink cartridges

disconnect the power cable from the printer and wait for 2 minutes and reconnect the power cable

then go to support.dell.com and for your printer download the firmware from the website and save it on your computer main screen

run the firm ware and it 'll detect the printer follow the steps and firmware will be done on the printer, (while updating the firmware make sure that you connect the USB cable

between the printer and computer)

if the issue persist even after the firmware update, then unplug the printer power cable and take out the cartridges and then take out the print head

clean the print head and then replug the power cable and wait for the message that will say please insert the print head, insert the print head and then it should say insert ink cartridges,

after trying this step if the issue still persist, then replacing the print head is the only option.

Alok Kar

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 23rd, 2012 04:00

2ponds,

To reset the error messages on the printer...

You must unplug the printer from the wall, then remove the power brick for 60 seconds. This will reset any error messages the printer is getting.

Rick

1 Message

July 25th, 2012 08:00

thanks for your help but printer head error still there,

4 Posts

October 24th, 2012 11:00

you post the same bullshit answer on every printer head problem post

1 Message

November 5th, 2012 16:00

Hello,

I followed your suggestions on reinstalling the printhead and then downloading the firmware.  I am still getting the error message.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Michael

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

November 6th, 2012 11:00

Hi mochase7,

I appreciate the steps that you have tried to fix the printhead problem, now that the same error is displayed on the screen it is a problem with the printhead and it needs to be replaced.

In case the system has active warranty, please private message the system service tag, contact number and registered owner’s name, and address.
To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation. 

To check the Warranty status use this link:  http://tinyurl.com/5r4b8j

Awaiting your response!

1 Message

November 30th, 2012 19:00

I followed the suggestions, but once I installed firmware, I deep cleaned the cartridge then realigned the cartridge, then printed test page and it appears to be working now.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

December 2nd, 2012 21:00

Hi fatcat27,

Good to know that this resolution helped you get the printer working.

Social media serves the purpose of helping as many as possible!

Please revert for any further assistance.

1 Message

October 16th, 2015 18:00

Hello Dell v715w owners!

PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE PAYING A TROUBLE SHOOTING FEE OR PURCHASING A NEW PPRINTER AS DELLS TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM ARE SUGGESTING!!!!

Please do not bother calling technical support to help resolve the printhead error message if your warranty is expired!!!!! The technical support team is striving to rip customers off by forcing then to buy new printers if you refuse to pay their trouble shooting fee!!!!!!!!! All you have to do is buy the right ink cartridges as they are purposely selling you the wrong ones in my opinion.

I was low on ink cartridges so I called and asked for help on getting ink order for this model. Not only did there representative do everything to send me to someone else then help but I practically had to force him to look up at a recent order for ink as I was not at home to determine the series I needed per the model number. After 25 minutes of going back and forth, he finally gave me the type of ink to order which he suggested was the series 24 ink cartridges. I ordered $142.00 dollars’ worth of ink only to find that once I put the ink cartridge in, I got this printhead error message.

Prior to this, I have never had a problem with this printer. I noticed that when I got home, the ink that I actually purchased last was the series 21 and not 24, which was odd because the representative strictly told me this is the last ink I ordered when I still had the same cartridges in my printer from that last particular purchase from dell.

Called technical support was bounced around to three different representatives only to find that because my warranty expired, they were going to charge me a fee to help me troubleshoot the printhead message. When I refused to pay the fee given I had only printed 380 pages with it (since I purchased it in January of 2012) I was then told the prices to replace the printerhead cost more than the printer itself and I was told I needed to purchase a brand new one. I hung up the phone very disappointed with Dells customer service and gimmicks to force you to purchase a new printer instead of creating an opportunity to gain customer loyalty through exercising quality customer service to a VERY loyal customer.

Shortly after ending the call, I removed the 24 series ink from the printer and put back in the series 21 cartridges and boom, to my surprise, I was able to print a test page with the last bit of ink and guess what ladies and gentlemen.......IT PRINTED JUST FINE AND THE PRINTERHEAD ERROR WAS GONE!!!!!!

I called DELL demanding a refund on the 24 series they sold me and went to staples and purchased the 21 series ink cartridges and it is printing like a champion.

Hope this blesses you as much as it blessed me by refusing to buy in to the lie.

I want to mention, I am not an expert in IT or technology but successfully out-smarted them. What a joke Dell Technical Support Team :-(...SHAME ON YOU DELL.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 16th, 2015 20:00

tandragrant,

Sorry to hear about your issue. I have bought a few Dell Series 21 cartridges but they do not last a long time.

I recently purchased a Dell Single Use High Yield Black Cartridge for Dell V715w All-in-One Printer

The link for Dell Single Use High Yield Color Cartridge for Dell V715w All-in-One Printer

There could be an issue with the printhead but most of the time there is an issue with the Dell Series ink cartridges. You need to make sure they're seated properly.

Here is also a link for a Replacement Printhead if needed.

Rick

No Events found!