Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2014 08:00

Dell Printer V725W download files

When I loaded my Dell Printer V725W files it created a folder called "Dell Printer Home", but the problem is, I can't open any of the files in "Dell Printer Home".  Why?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 17th, 2014 13:00

vwgoodrich,

Open run, Windows and r keys at the same time and copy the link below and paste it there.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dell Printers

Right click on Dell printer Home icon, left click copy.

Go to desktop, delete the old Dell Printer Home icon.

Right click on a blank space on your desktop, left click paste shortcut. If you click on Dell Printer home, you should be able to see the settings like the screenshot from above.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 14th, 2014 11:00

vwgoodrich,

Check to see if it was setup correctly? Troubleshooting Setup for the Dell 525w and 725w AIO Inkjet Printers

What are you trying to scan and to what application?

Rick

12 Posts

November 14th, 2014 14:00

The printer works fine and I can  scan.  The problem is: when I open the folder, "Dell Printer Home", I can't open any of these files: scan, support, fax, maintenance, settings, user's guide?  I can't get Dell to answer any problems!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 15th, 2014 13:00

vwgoodrich,

The only information I have on this printer is...

Troubleshooting Setup for the Dell 525w and 725w AIO Inkjet Printers

Troubleshooting Network Problems on the Dell V525w and V725w AIO Inkjet Printers

Troubleshooting Print Quality for the Dell V525w and V725w AIO Inkjet Printers

Did you install the printer using the Dell Printer disk? Thinking that if you connected the printer before you installed the printer, then you may have generic drivers and that may be the reason the Dell Printer Home features may not be working.

Rick

12 Posts

November 16th, 2014 11:00

Yes I used the Dell Printer disk that came with the printer.  I uninstalled all Dell printer files and then re-installed the files.  Disconnected the printer and then connected it. Same problem, except I had to go and re-figure my WiFi connection.  The printer is doing what it is supposed to do so I'm not even going to mess with the "Dell Printer Home" folder.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 16th, 2014 14:00

vwgoodrich,

A shortcut for Dell Printer home should have appeared on the desktop.

See if this link open Dell Printer home.

C:\Program Files\Dell\Dashboard\DL__Dashboard.exe

If you want to create a shortcut, it copied as...

"C:\Program Files\Dell\Dashboard\DL__Dashboard.exe"

Rick

12 Posts

November 16th, 2014 17:00

It appeared on the desktop and I can open it, but I can't open any of the files in it.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 16th, 2014 21:00

vwgoodrich,

Sounds like your installation may be corrupt. It was supposed to open the Dell Printer Home

Rick

12 Posts

November 17th, 2014 04:00

That's what I thought!  Where do I go from here?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 17th, 2014 08:00

vwgoodrich,

Since you have the printer working properly, I would suggest reinstalling the printer using the instructions below.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print job(s) from the queue, then restart your computer.

Make sure the printer is not usb cable connected.

Start, control panel, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

This gives you a clean start with installing the printer.

With the computer online, insert the Dell Printer disk. Since the printer is setup, choose additional computer, network(if wireless) and follow the instructions. (If you had the printer with the usb cable and want wireless, choose new installation, network and follow the instructions)

It should prompt you for your wireless printer(Network SSID and password if new installation.)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

12 Posts

November 17th, 2014 10:00

I followed your instructions to the T, but nothing!   I can go into control panel, click on printers, then click on the installed printer and the files are there, but not in the Dell Printer Home folder.

12 Posts

November 17th, 2014 14:00

Rick,

Thanks for sticking with me and solving this problem.  The files are there so I'll consider this done.

Vern

No Events found!