Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

March 2nd, 2011 00:00

Dell Printer doesn't work with Lenovo Computer

I had a Dell but recently got a Lenovo computer and i cannot manage to print to my Dell all-in-one printer. I have had similar problems with other Dell printers and Lenovo computers. The software/drivers all appear to be working properly and i can change and set my printer settings and my computer recognizes the printer, but it cannot send pages to be printed. Is there an additional driver or a different cable that i need to use (using the USB that always worked with my Dell laptop)... 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 2nd, 2011 09:00

milledes,

Without the model of your printer, try this tweaks first.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

No Events found!