Highlighted
gcaide
Bronze

Dell V305 Printer error: Cartridge Error

Hi.  Out of the blue, my printer started displaying the message "Cartridge Error. Consult User's Guide.  I did 'consult the guide', however, it tells me to contact Dell......ha.  

I have unplugged the 2 cords from the back of the printer, uninstalled the cartridges, plugged it back in, put the cartridges back in, etc.   It is still displaying the message.  I use a USB cord, not wireless.

Any other thoughts?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
20 Replies

Re: Dell V305 Printer error: Cartridge Error

gcaide,

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer.

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 9 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 9 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side) color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side) color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 9 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 9 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
gcaide
Bronze

Hi.  Thanks for the above, however, it did not work.  As soon as I plugged the 2 things back in, the error message came on.   ??   I still went ahead and removed both cartridges one by one, but that did nothing.   Same message still there.

0 Kudos
gcaide
Bronze

Hi.  I forgot to mention I got both cartridges at Walmart and have had them for about a month or so, now.  They were working fine until today.

0 Kudos
gcaide
Bronze

Me again.   Bought a new printer......     Now, I get the message "Windows Service Installer" cannot be accessed!   Any ideas on that?   What forum should that be under?   uggg

0 Kudos

gcaide,

You said...

Me again.   Bought a new printer

Is this the same make and model of printer?

Make and model of your computer and operating system, please.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
gcaide
Bronze

This time I bought an HP printer......Deskjet 2050.   My computer is an Dell Inspiron 350-- IE 9---Windows Vista X64 bit Home Premium

0 Kudos

gcaide,

"Windows Service Installer" cannot be accessed!

Try reading THIS ARTICLE. You can use the FixIt from Microsoft.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
ragregg
Copper

I also have a Dell V305 using a USB.   I have had no trouble with this printer until today - got the "Left Cartridge Error"

Went down to Staples and picked up a new cartridge - same problem - HELP!!!

0 Kudos
SallyJappy
Copper

I too have this same problem as gcaide does. I followed the instructions from the reply but I didn't get anywhere. I still have the same message and can not use the printer. Please help.......

Thanks

0 Kudos