Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 5th, 2014 22:00

Dell V305 Problems

Alright, so. I'm dealing with a DellV305 printer. My computer is a Dell Laptop,  using Windows 7 64bit. 

The printer still scans fine, but won't print. I've tried unplugging and replugging multiple times, it has paper and no ink, there are no error codes. It's perfectly aligned and there are no jams, it printed a test sheet perfectly. I tried installing a new driver, that did nothing.

When I try to print it goes to the queue, then nothing happens. No indication of any kind of error.

I seriously would adore some help. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 6th, 2014 04:00

becksterslab,

In a recent batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 6th, 2014 14:00

becksterslab.

Just updating the browser is causing the problem. I don't use IE for years, I use Mozilla Firefox and it happened to me.

Uninstall IE11 and you'll find out it works or just use system restore and go back to the first restore point before the December 2013 Windows Updates.

Rick

February 6th, 2014 14:00

Well, I appreciate the attempt at answering this question and didn't realize my internet browser may have affected my printer. However, I don't think this is the case as I use Google Chrome, not Internet Explorer. I haven't had IE on my computer for about two years now. Thank you, though.

No Events found!