Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 29th, 2009 16:00

Dell V313 All-In-One Printer owners thread

Please follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java 

I recommend that you use these Recommended Wireless Router Settings to get the best communications between the printer and all the computers.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall the printer.

If using Windows 7 also try...Manual Printer Driver Removal

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP/Vista/Windows 7 32-bit drivers

XP/Vista/Windows 7 64-bit drivers

Other drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on). Please make sure your computer is online when installing the drivers.

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

If using Windows 7, use the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode. 

Right click on the setup.exe file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility to XP or Vista SP2. Then install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 29th, 2009 16:00

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 21, 22 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 21. 22 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

June 6th, 2010 09:00

I'm having trouble just figuring out how to put the ink cartridges into that compartment holder thing...which then gets put into the next compartment or w/e, it doesn't fit!? I don't want to shove it in and break it, am i supposed to put in the ink cartridges and the compartment into the printer AFTER I turn on the printer?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 6th, 2010 15:00

miroku2192,

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 21, 22 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

photo cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 21. 22 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 21, 22 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would take these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

June 6th, 2010 19:00

Okay I got it to work, had to turn on the printer first so that the ink cartridge holder for the "holder" would slide to the middle, and then there was an orange tape you pull on to open the compartment which originally made it too small for the ink cartridge holder to fit into, and then you can remove the tape. After that it was easy to just plop the holder in and it was all working fine...i think.

Thanks for the help!

95 Posts

August 3rd, 2010 20:00

I am trying to locate the latest drivers for the V313W printer for 2 systems....one Vista 32, the other Windows 7 64 bit.

I am very familiar with the dell download site and have installed many drivers.

However as of this evening, all of the sorts bring up a driver that states it is for MAC OS, even if I choose windows.

Can you please check this out and at least post what the most current version is?

Also, does the "driver" install the dashboard or just the driver?  So do I need to install other things off the disc that came with this PC like 4 months ago?  Or is that perhaps still the current driver and the "new one" on the site really is for Mac???

Same question with the firmware.  That says Mac also which makes even less sense.

Thanks,

BillJ1298

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 4th, 2010 02:00

Billj1298,

Even though the drivers say they're Mac OS, try to download and install them as they are .exe files and I don't think Mac uses .exe files, please correct me if I'm wrong.

If the drivers do not work, if you give me a little time, I'll contact my sources and see that this is corrected.

Please click the blue subject in the email to come back to this thread to reply.

Thanks,

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 4th, 2010 08:00

Billj1298,

Dell is aware of this and is trying to correct this issue ASAP

I will post when I hear anything.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 4th, 2010 15:00

Billj1298,

The links I have provided at the top of this thread are the correct drivers, Dell somehow got the descriptions wrong. The correct drivers are...

R246253.exe = Dell V313 AIO Inkjet printer English 32-bit driver with Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 support  

R246283.exe = Dell V313 AIO Inkjet printer English 64-bit driver with Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 support  

Dell will be correcting these as soon as they can. It is safe to use the drivers as described at Dell V313 All-In-One Printer owners thread

Sorry for the inconvience and thank you, for bringing this to our attention. On the Windows 7 computer, please make sure to install the drivers in the compatibility mode.

Rick

95 Posts

August 4th, 2010 16:00

Rick,

Thanks for taking care of this and explaining.  Am I correct that since I do not see any updates to the software utility suite (the "dashboard", etc. other printer programs it comes with) that the disc is most current other than the drivers?

I had read the link on how to install drivers. However is the dashboard a utility that is on the disc or does the "driver" also install the dashboard?

The reason I ask is the thread you point to talks about the OCR program and directory.  I don't want OCR....but I DO want the scanning dashboard and all those options...save to PDF, e-mail, etc. etc..

Thanks!

BillJ1298

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 4th, 2010 17:00

BillJ1298,

I am not quite sure which program came with this printer. Most come with the Dell All-In-One Center. A few came with Dell Imaging Toolbob and my Dell V715w Wireless Printer comes with Dell Printer Home.

All the drivers offered at Dell, have the drivers and the program that came with the printer. The OCR Program is not there because of royalties. If you need an OCR Program try Simple OCR

The drivers are labeled wrong but the links I provided are the correct links, top thread. I have no confirmations that this printer has been installed on a Windows 7 machine, yet, so you may have to install the drivers in the XP or Vista Compatibility mode. Make sure your computer is online as it will then try to give you the latest drivers available.

I'll post the links but please remember the descriptions may be wrong until they're corrected

XP/Vista/Windows 7 32-bit drivers

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R246253&SystemID=PRN_ALL_V313&servicetag=&os=W732&osl=en&deviceid=22025&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=40&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=358960

R246253.exe

Description read Mac OS

XP/Vista/Windows 7 64-bit drivers

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R246283&SystemID=PRN_ALL_V313&servicetag=&os=W764&osl=en&deviceid=22025&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=40&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=359353

R246283.exe

Description read Mac OS

Mac OS is

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R268704&SystemID=PRN_ALL_V313&servicetag=&os=MAC1&osl=en&deviceid=22025&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=40&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=395304

R246704.zip

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 3rd, 2011 20:00

Pause95,

Try removing the power brick for 60 seconds. This should reset any error message the printer is getting.

Rick

2 Posts

October 3rd, 2011 20:00

I have a V313 printer and recently it will not turn on. The on button is lit but the printer is not communicating. I have uplugged it from the wall as well as unplugged the USB..... I do not know what else to do.

2 Posts

October 4th, 2011 05:00

I did removed the brick and still nothing.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 5th, 2011 07:00

Pause95,

I do not think there are any fuses or breakers in the printer, that I know of.

Rick

20.5K Posts

June 23rd, 2012 10:00

I received a message from Windows 7 stating that my v313 printer is missing a driver: R246283.exe
A link to the download is included.

So far the printer seems to be working fine. Do I really need this driver?  

No Events found!