Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

January 25th, 2012 07:00

Dell V313 printer on MAC OS 10.7X

I recently purchased a Dell Printer V313 for my daughter to use in school, now She bought a new MAC that is running MAC OS 10.7X but I cannot get the printer to work on this new computer. I have gone to the download drivers site and the drivers only support OS10.6, is there a way to make this work or did I waste my money on the Dell Printer?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 25th, 2012 13:00

video4click,

Just to confirm, the Mac Lion 10.7 drivers work for Mountain Lion 10.8.1, correct? I try to make notes in case other members ask.

Thanks,

Rick

August 25th, 2012 17:00

Yes.....same drivers worked for OS X 10.8.1 mountaion lion.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 25th, 2012 21:00

video4click,

Thank you, I'll keep that for my notes.

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

October 17th, 2012 21:00

I have the same issue. I downloaded the drivers but now what I can not seem to install them. They install to my hard drive what is the next step?

2 Posts

January 31st, 2013 19:00

How about scanning a document using this printer on a mac 10.8x. Please advise..

February 10th, 2013 12:00

I'm using Bootcamp windows to scan documents, looking for something I can use on Mac......will post if I found solution.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 10th, 2013 13:00

video4click,

Not sure which operating system you're using.

Did you try (Mac Os X 10.7 Lion Driver)(Lexmark S300-S400 Series)

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 10th, 2013 16:00

video4click,

To scan/fax a document in a Windows environment, you need to have the OCR Program installed. I'm not sure how you install the OCR Program from the Dell V313w printers disk.

On a Windows system, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

I'm not sure which program this printer uses, Dell All-In-One Center, Dell Imaging Toolbox or Dell Printer Home. If Dell Imaging Toolbox, it generates the list of applications to send scans to. If NOT Dell Imaging Toolbox, try reading Update list of applications to send scans to

Rick

February 10th, 2013 16:00

Yes, I m already using these drivers from last year and working perfectly on OS X mountain lion but, only for printing, I still have problem for scanning  a photo or document, how I can scan a document ? If I press scan button on printer...it show me " downloading file" then nothing happen...is there any third part scanner software I can install?

No Events found!