Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 19th, 2012 21:00

Dell V313W first color wouldn't print now neither.

I first noticed the printer now being able to print photos. I thought the color cartridge might be bad so I ordered another. Put it in the photo had lines in it. I aligned and cleaned but to no avail. So I just printed black and white and it worked for documents. Now even documents are messed up. Also the wireless never has really worked. I should have returned it then. I have it now for about 2 years and it is worthless anybody have any ideas except to use it as a boat anchor?

2.6K Posts

September 19th, 2012 23:00

Hi tbaker9402,

I can understand electronic devices can create confusion when they do not work the way they are designed for.

Here are few things that we can try to fix this technical issue.

Please remove and reinsert both the color and black ink cartridge and then deep clean the Printhead.

Follow the steps to deep clean the print head:

1. Press the “Setup” button (wrench button) on the printer.
  2. Select “Maintenance” from the menu.
  3. Select “Deep clean Printhead” option.

The printer will perform deep cleaning of both ink cartridge and the print head and it will print a test page, check the test page .if the test page has fine colors on it then try printing again, if the test print is not fine then a Firmware update for the printer should take care of the problem.

To update the Firmware software for the printer follow the below steps:

Note: Firmware can be updated by connecting the printer and computer with a USB cable,

Use this link for help: http://tinyurl.com/5rvkscs

1. Turn off the printer, and remove the Printhead out of the printer,
  2. Connect the printer and the computer with a USB cable and turn on the printer.
  3. Open this link in the computer:  http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/dell-v313w.
  4. Select the operating system of the computer from the list of options.
  5. Under the Firmware, select the right Firmware according to the printer model depending on Wifi mode.
  6. Click “Get driver” and follow the onscreen instructions and update the Firmware software.
  7. Reinsert the prinbthead and try printing and check.

To connect the printer wireless with the computer follow the below steps:

Perform the steps below and ensure that the services required for the printer to work Wireless are started.

1. Press the “Windows + R” to launch the run window.
  2. Type “Services.msc” in the run window and hit the Enter key.

Right click each service mentioned below, click properties. Set the startup type as “Automatic” from the drop down menu and click “Start”. Please click “Apply” to save the changes.

The services to be enabled are:

• Human Interface Devices (HID).
  • Printer Spooler.
  • RPC (Remote Procedure Call).
  • RPC Locator (Remote Procedure Call Locator).
  • Windows image acquisition (WIA).
  • Windows Installer.

Open “Dell printer Home “application in the computer.

Click “Settings” and

Select “Wireless Setup” under settings. And follow the onscreen instructions.

Check if that helps and please reply.

3 Posts

September 20th, 2012 19:00

Well, I did all that you said, However, I removed the printhead but when I went to download the firmware I understood that I needed to re-insert the printhead. I dowloaded the firmware and it still does not print clearly. There are lines in it and smudges which looks like that copper looking part on the bottom of the printhead. 

I did what you suggested for the wireless and it works so thanks. But do you have any suggestions what to do next? should I do the firmware again without the printhead in or did I screw that up?

2.6K Posts

September 20th, 2012 22:00

Hi tbaker9402,

You have performed every step provided. I appreciate for the effort.

The firmware update should have fixed the problem but as the issue still persists; we need to replace the print head.

Please help me with few details about the printer .In case the Printer has active warranty, please private message the system service tag, contact number and registered owner’s name. 
To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation. This will help me search for the correct part number.

To check the Warranty status use this link: 
http://tinyurl.com/5r4b8j

If the printer has inactive warranty please contact our sales team to purchase the part.

Contact # 1(877)907-3355

3 Posts

September 21st, 2012 06:00

A boat anchor it is then. Printhead $50.00 I bought the printer for $50 barely used it a year. I have a canon I have had for 8 years it works great. Just doesn't have scan feature. This was my first Dell printer. I think that I will go with a canon next time. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 21st, 2012 16:00

No Events found!