Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 25th, 2013 23:00

Dell V313w Green Blinking Power Light

Howdy,

I moved this printer from my dad's house to mine and when I plugged it in the power button started blinking green. It was working fine at his house and I only drove two blocks so I don't think anything got jostled around.

I have held down the power button for a good minute with no change. I also unplugged the printer from the wall and disconnected the power supply from the printer. I waited a few minutes and reconnected the power. I went through the manual and searched the internet but came up with nothing useful. I tried to install the printer onto my computer but the installer thinks the power is off on the printer.

Thanks for any help or advice. The incessantly blinking green light is tormenting me. :)

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 27th, 2013 06:00

Hi Montanaw,

There is no reset pin hole button for this printer. To reset the printer please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Turn the printer off.
  2. Press and hold down "Start" button and "Cancel" button, and then press the "Power" button to turn the printer on.
  3. The printer resets and starts the initial printer setup.

If the problem persists the printer needs to be replaced.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

August 26th, 2013 03:00

Hi Montanaw,

I would like you to try the below mentioned steps before coming to a conclusion:

Unplug the power cord, adapter from the printer, press and hold the power button on the printer for 20 seconds. This will remove the static power from the printer. Connect the Adapter and the cable back and try to power on the printer.

If the issue persists, please try a good adapter and power cable and check. If the problem persists the printer needs to be replaced.

Please reply for further help.

2 Posts

August 26th, 2013 06:00

I did the methods stated above. This printer has only been used three times to copy papers. It has remained unplugged since that time. I know that letting electronics slowly drain there battery can cause havoc, but I didn't think this had a battery. There's no secret pin hole I can reset the system with?

2 Posts

April 8th, 2015 08:00

I know this question is quite old, but this blinking of the light, I am presuming is the "On" button.

Does this not show your printer is in stand-by mode?

No Events found!