Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 7th, 2011 10:00

Dell V505w scanning issue

My client is having issues with the above since a storm 2-3 weeks ago. I downloaded and installed updated firmware for the printer and drivers on both her wired desktop (XP) and wi-fi laptop (XP). I can pull scans from Toolbox, but when initiating from the printer, sometimes it finds the application list and sometimes it doesn't. Would appreciate any suggestions for restoring functionality. She has Comcast cable and a Netgear router.

Thanks,

Cathy

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 7th, 2011 12:00

Cathy,

Try these tweaks?

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

June 7th, 2011 13:00

I'll give it a try. Thanks much! Will let you know.

No Events found!