fuelrod
1 Copper

Re: Dell V510 Series printer lost ability to connect via WiFi (blinking orange light problem)

2 Wire Model 2701HG-B  (ATT)  No security except wireless network key. Don't know about channels.

AVG free antivirus 2012 ans Windows Firewall

The router does not have a WiFi light.  My Dell XPS 8300 always stays connected via WiFi. The printer is located about 4 feet from the router.

The Dell V510W Wifi light is dark right now and the printer is powered off (not by me). I used it yesterday, after unplugging the power cord it and plugging it back in, then pressing Power to get it connected.

The manual describes: "The Power Saver feature puts the printer in a minimum-power standby

mode after the printer has been idle for a set amount of time (the Power Saver timeout)."

Manual at: 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Mine is set to go into strandby after 10 minutes.  I could find no manual reference to auto power off.

My printer is under next day parts warranty for ~3 more months.

Thanks for your prompt reply, Rick

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Re: Dell V510 Series printer lost ability to connect via WiFi (blinking orange light problem)

fuelrod,

Try running Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

With no security and just a password, you should not have any poroblems with a connection. There was a model that when the printer was sleeping, it would not print.

Try reading...

Allow a printer past McAfee

I use these tweaks on all my computers...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
fuelrod
1 Copper

Don't know what USB hubs have to do with WiFi, but I unchecked  allow computer to turn off this device to save power,

and it now it's been working perfectly for a day.

The WiFi light on the printer goes dark when it goes into standby, but the print queue reports the printer being online, and when a print job is submitted it wakes up prints, then goes standby again after a few minutes.

And thanks for the tip about Delete Print Jobs. While it was not my problem, I didn't know about C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS.  I bookmarked the page.

And I bookmarked this forum too, Who knows, I might even try answering a question some time.

Thank you for resolving this annoying problem.

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

fuelrod,

Glad you got it working! emoticon.Yes.title Thanks for posting back. Soem people lose communications with the usb attached devices, even printers that are usb cable connected. I do those tweaks so the computer doesn't shutdown the usb ports.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
patience10
1 Copper

I have a Dell V515 printer WIFI has worked fine for just over a yr. Today, WIFI stopped working on the printer. can't connect to my Tower or my laptop. 

My wireless connection is working ok, as my laptop can connect to the internet.

I now have a solid orange light, where before I had a green light - and zero connection strength.  I haven't changed anything!  And we did not have any power surges or recent storms.

Appreciate any help you can offer.  Thank you.  (of course, it is now out of warranty by @ 1 month!)

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

patience10,

Make and model of your wireless router and te type of security you're using. What channel?

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos