Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2012 15:00

Dell V515W Scanning Issue

I'm traveling with my V515W Printer and having an issue with scanning.

The Scan to PDF feature is no longer active for me on the Dell Printer Home screen/app.  It will scan, but it goes to my Pictures Library and wants to save it as a jpg.  I can go through the steps of changing the extension and file location, but that's pretty time consuming as I'm scanning several large files.

I downloaded the lastest driver and firmware from the Dell support site, but that hasn't fixed the problem.

I'm running Windows 7.

Anyone have any ideas/help?

Much thanks in advance!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 30th, 2012 03:00

SDaydreams,

Does this printer use Dell Imagint Toolbox, Dell All-IN-One Center or Dell Printer Home?

Do you have the OCR Program installed?

Start, all programs, ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint, ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint

What virus program and firewall are you using?

How are you connecting to the printer, usb cable or wireless adapter? If wireless adapter, using a wireless router with it or Ad-Hoc networking?

Rick

3 Posts

November 30th, 2012 07:00

Hi Rick,

I'm using Dell Printer Home. 

I'm not sure about the OCR.

I don't know what ABBYY Finereader is, but looking at Start, All Programs there is nothing there by that name.

I am running Norton 360

I'm connected directly with usb cable.

I'm not home with any of my program disks, and out of town until the spring so cannot reinstall.  I did go to Dell site and downloaded and installed both Firmware and Driver, and installed.  I also tried the "repair" feature on the driver file to no avail.

My scanner is scanning, it's must not operating as it should, with the Scan to PDF feature not available, nor the Scan Destination feature, making scanning a major pain!

Thanks so much for the quick reply, and I sure hope you have some info to help me!

Deborah

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 30th, 2012 14:00

Deborah,

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Disconnect the printer from the computer.

Start, control panel, programs and features, Dell V515w Printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer.

Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the proper drivers from Dell V515w Wireless All In One Printer - (RED) owners thread

With the computer online, Install the drivers, tell it usb connection and follow the instructions.

Try reading...

Allow a printer past Norton

If you CLICK HERE, on the next page, start conversation, we can discuss the OCR Program options there.

Rick

3 Posts

November 30th, 2012 18:00

Thanks Rick, I'm about to give  your suggestions a try!  Let's keep our fingers crossed!!

No Events found!