Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2010 10:00

Dell V515w Color Printer Head Erros

I have my V515w set up on a wireless network and it prints fine once it gets going. The problem is that after it awakens from sleep mode I consistently get error messages saying the color printer head is either missing or not seated properly. This is after I have successfully printed color pages already.

Furthermore, I get these errors when I select "print black ink only" on the properties page.

I am able to remedy this message by clicking the middle tab on teh printer head to release the color cartridge and then pushing the cartridge back into place.

Anyone else have this problem and, if so, how did you (or DID you?) fix it?

Thanks for any help you can provide on this annoying issue.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 27th, 2010 13:00

sjvmi87,

I have a Dell V715w Printer and I know when installing the cartridges, looking at the instructions closely seems to help, some. I make sure to put the cartridge in and press down on it. I knpow sometimes I have to try a couple of times to get it right.

If you notice, there is a tab in the front of the cartridge. Insert the cartridge with the front edge angled down and insert and pull it towards the front of the printer. Then push down and it should lock into place.

Open Dell Printer Home, click on replace cartridges and then click continue and it should show you how to install.

Rick

1 Message

November 3rd, 2010 17:00

I think this is an inherent problem with these particular printers.   There is definitely something wrong with the printers themselves and it can't be fixed permanently.   I bought 2 of them for my college-bound kids.  Both of them have experienced the same problems over and over again.  They will work fine for awhile and then they will have the error message.  It's particularly frustrating for them as they try and type papers for school and don't have time to fiddle with the printer.  The printers are still under warranty so I plan to pursue that route when they bring them home for the holidays. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 3rd, 2010 18:00

judbla,

Information is....

Resolving Printhead Errors by Cleaning the Printhead on a Dell V313/V313w/V515w/V715w/P513w/P713w AIO Inkjet Printer

Troubleshooting Printhead Problems on the Dell AIO V313w, V515w, V715w, P513w, and P713W Printers

Make sure the Dell Ink cartridges are inserted correctly. Step 5 is important.

Insert the ink cartridge.

1. Using two hands, lower the front end of the cartridge (the end that is facing you) into the printhead, make sure the lip on the cartridge hooks into the printhead.
  2. Pivot the back of the cartridge into the printhead and then press down on the back of the cartridge until you feel the cartridge click into place.

The lip is shown below.

Rick

No Events found!