Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 13th, 2012 20:00

Dell V715W printer not communicating

I have a Dell V715w printer that I am trying to connect via wifi to our network. This hasnt been a problem in the past but all of a sudden when i try and print today I am getting the error message that communication with the printer is not available. I have tried uninstalling software and then reloading but i cannot complete this process as the same error appears at the screen check for firmware updates. Can anyone provide some assistance as this is frustrating,

I have read other posts about checking firewalls to see if anything is blocked but i dont know how to do this and it seems to be my last resort just not sure how to action.

The wifi light on the printer is solid green which indicates that wifi is working just having trouble connecting with my dell inspiron lap top.

thanks for any advice

565 Posts

September 14th, 2012 01:00

Hi ozcarls,

To isolate the issue please let me know if copier on the printer works. LCD screen of the printer should be on mode copy. To make a copy, insert a document in the scanner bed, then press the start button and check..

If this is working fine, then print using USB cable. If these two steps work fine, then hardware is working fine.

There would be an issue with the software due to which printer is unable to communicate wireless.

There are a set of Services which has to be started. These are required by the printer to print the spooled documents from the computer.

Perform the steps below and ensure that the services required are started:

1. Press the “Windows + R” to launch the run window.
  2. Type “Services.msc” in the run window and hit the Enter key.

Right click each service mentioned below, click properties. Set the startup type as “Automatic” from the drop down menu and click “Start”. Please click “Apply” to save the changes.

The services to be enabled are:

• Human Interface Devices (HID).
  • Printer Spooler.
  • RPC (Remote Procedure Call).
  • RPC Locator (Remote Procedure Call Locator).
  • Windows image acquisition (WIA).
  • Windows Installer.

After starting the services, restart the computer and try to print from the computer.

If this does not work then, ensure that the system and the printer are on the same network and system is able to access internet.

Check the IP address on the Printer ( Setup->Network setup->Print setup Page) using operator panel

If 169.x.y.z or no IP address then reconfigure using Wireless utility

If you are getting a valid IP address try to ping IP or open IP address in browser on the computer.

If Ping request gives request timed out then reset the printer to factory defaults.

If able to open IP or if ping is successful then we need to disable the firewall

Please let me know which firewall/Anti-virus is present in the computer and we guide you further

Please do write back to us.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 14th, 2012 10:00

ozcarls,

Make and model of your wireless router and the type of security you're using? What channel?

Make and model of your computer and operating system? 32-bit or 64-bit?

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

No Events found!