steve is best
1 Nickel

Re: Dell printer 964 usb issue

I have all net frame and java updates.

0 Kudos

Steve,

Download and install 7zip. This program will extracvt the patch and allow you to run it. Run it until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect the printer(powered on)

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
steve is best
1 Nickel

Rick i am trying to reinstall took many time to find the printer computer was seeing new usb device but windows did not reconize it. and now it ask for the path to file DLCxxxx many of them.

0 Kudos
steve is best
1 Nickel

Rick

Does the same thing as soon as the firmware was finish. i received a usb unknow device windows does not reconize this device or this device don't work properly.

anny more idee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Steve,

The firmware will not install until you get the printer installed. Try these instructions to install the printer, please note I added an extra step.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. (This patch is like a cleaner and works on XP and Vista systems). Run the patch until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Starting at the bottom, USB Root Hubs, and working your way to the top, USB Universal Controllers, un-install everything in that section.

Restart your computer. Windows will find everything again and correct the problem one. Please be patient. The new hardware wizard may work 3-5 minutes before it's done.

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer(powered on)

Please remember to install the latest firmware for the 964 printer.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
steve is best
1 Nickel

Rick

I did all that firmware installed once it finish all the red light on the side of the cartridge light up and the usb windows does not recognize hardware or hardware is defective came up. Same problem printer not recognize by window. Even if i uninstall and reinstall 300 time will do the same thing. If you find a fix for that tell me. install and uninstall don't solve the problem. Because printer is not recognised by windows. Thanks for trying.

0 Kudos
steve is best
1 Nickel

Rick

Every thing you told me to do was done. But still have same usb intermittent connection issue computer see the hardware but windows does not recognize printer. Then i plug and unplug many time some time 15 to 30 minutes until it recognize it. so if pc see it and windows is not able to recognize it. so problem is when printer send message back to the computer for him to recognize it. If you find fix for this tell me. But i will not install and uninstall for fun. Did that many time since i have printer never solved anything. Thanks for trying to help out.

0 Kudos

Steve,

If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer. 

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 5 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 5 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.

Any error messages?

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It's possible to get a Dell Series 5 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would that these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
steve is best
1 Nickel

Rick

Ihave unplug printer and power block. once printer came back it still did not reconize it.

0 Kudos
steve is best
1 Nickel

Rick

I add a few cartridge since i have the printer. Don't think thats the problem. Because every thing work fine except for the usb communication problem windows does not recognize the device or device is failing. Well thank you again for trying.

0 Kudos