Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2010 16:00

Dell v515w AIO: More Irritating Than Innovative

I recently purchased the v515w AIO to replace my old Dell 942 AIO.  I was expecting to have the same ease of use with this printer as I had with the 942, but I've learned that, because the v515w has a front control panel, the installation software does not allow you to copy or fax from my computer.  In order to fax multiple sheet documents, I have to scan each into a PDF document, got to the printer control panel and in put the telephone number, all without being able to address the fax to a specific individual.  The same is true for making copies.  I can't review the image or edit it from my computer.  Everything, other than scanning must be done from the printer control panel.  Today, I learn (after four Live-Chat sessions with tech support) that none of the AIO printers have the features that were present on the older Dell AIO's.  I know that everybody enjoys the freedom of using their AIO like a stand alone copier, scanner, fax machine, but am I the only person in the world who wants the option and (for me, personally) ease of being able to do all of these thing from my desktop?  Does anyone else in the Dell Community find this more than a little bit annoying?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 4th, 2010 20:00

DoubleD52,

I no longer have a phone line to try my V715w Wireless printer to fax.

Maybe if you download and install BVRP PhoneTools for Faxing it may be similar to your old program. You can still Use the Dell programs for the rest of the functions.

Rick

No Events found!