Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2013 20:00

Dell926 Photo AIO sharing

I've been in an out of here before with a very similar issue to some others here and without resolve, I decided to step up and ask myself-
I have an Office Desktop running Vista 32bit with a 926 Photo AIO printer USB attached to it.
I am setting up my windows 7 64bit desktop in a different room to share with the printer connected to the vista.
Its almost complete, but I get an error: "No Driver found on the network, locate .INF....."
So from there I came to these forums. I've found the patch, removed all the software from the Vista, following all the rules, printer disconnected, then installed new update drivers (32bit because its attached to the vista) and the printer works fine on the computer its connected to, but sharing has the same issue. No network driver found.
Is there an issue that my office computer with 926 connected is 32bit and that my computer in the other room is a 7 64bit?
Should I be doing special instructions for this procedure? Possibly install drivers on 7 64bit (the computer that the printer is NOT connected to)?

I hope I was as clear as possible. I've seen the usual replies and many of those same questions are still unresolved and open so I have yet to find someone who has fixed this. Hopefully we can talk through this. Thank you.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 7th, 2013 02:00

FxTrading,

Printer is on a host machine and can print. Printer is setup for sharing, correct?

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print job in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Download and run the patch(printer cleanup utility) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer is removed.
Manual Printer Driver Removal

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode

I'm not sure if the drivers package has this option. If it does, select network, printer is on a host computer and follow the instructions.

Links to the patch/drivers can be found at...

Dell 926 Photo All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Remember virus program(s) and firewall(s) will block communications.

Also try reading...

Sharing a printer through a wireless network

File and Print Sharing in Vista (Thanks to mombodog)

Windows Vista printing to shared Windows XP printer

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP

Rick

31 Posts

November 7th, 2013 08:00

Download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode

Thank you for the quick reply. Before I get started with this today-
Host computer is Vista 32
Guest computer is 7 64bit
Which drivers do I install?
Also- They are already sharing files and printers. This is how I have reached the stage of "adding" the printer to the 7, but fails to find network drivers.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 7th, 2013 09:00

FxTrading,

Once you install the Vista 64-bit drivers in the Vista SP2 compatibility mode, if it doesn't work, then try the add printer and follow the instructions in the link previously posted.

Remember virus program(s) and firewall(s) will block communications.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

FxTrading,

Install the printer on the host computer. Make sure you can print, then setup the printer for sharing. Sharing a printer through a wireless network

Then use the Vista 64-bit drivers in the Vista SP2 compatibility mode. I'm hoping the drivers have the option for network, printer is on a host computer, then follow the instructions.

Rick

31 Posts

Same concept for a LAN?

31 Posts

I downloaded 64 bit drivers after installing my printer as stated. Now I have unzipped the 64 bit folder, went to setup.exe properties/compatibility and these are my options. There are no options for "Vista SP2" in compatibility mode.

31 Posts

"Then use the Vista 64-bit drivers in the Vista SP2 compatibility mode. I'm hoping the drivers have the option for network, printer is on a host computer, then follow the instructions."
The drivers do have networking options, and there is both options to setup the network sharing for a host computer, and the guest computer across the network.
You say install Vista 64 bit drivers- Onto the host? (which is a Vista 32 bit)
This entire procedure is done from the host I basically am assuming.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 7th, 2013 10:00

31 Posts

November 7th, 2013 10:00

Yes. Odd isn't it? What causes this?

31 Posts

November 7th, 2013 11:00

I think I may know the solution but I'll get back to you on how it goes. It will take a while.
This problem existed before when I had all the service packs but I just reinstalled windows yesterday (on the vista 32 host) so it doesnt have the service packs causing teh setup.exe to not give me those compatibility options. I'm installing them all now. I'll let you know how it goes later. (The problem did persist prior to my windows reinstall when I did have all 3 service packs so its likely it will persist again after I reinstall them.)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

FxTrading,

You're using the drivers on the Windows 7 machine?

Rick

31 Posts

No that screen shot was from the host- Vista 32... but without service packs... (likely cause. Fresh copy of windows installed yesterday. I think we'll get this resolved soon enough)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

FxTrading,

Will only show to the operating system installed.

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

31 Posts

November 7th, 2013 12:00

Many of the items listed on the list to install in a particular order are not available or not listed as downloads for my Inspiron 530.
Examples: Dell System Software. PCMCIA and/or Smartcard drivers. ControlPoint System Manager, ControlPoint Security Manager, and ControlPoint Connection Manager.
I think I am going to reinstall windows again and start from there.

31 Posts

November 7th, 2013 12:00

Reformatting the Vista 32 and installing Factory Image. This should have many if not all of the correct dell software installed when it is finished. Correct?

No Events found!