Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2010 19:00

Does anyone use printer V715W with Macbookpro using Windows7??

hello there ,

I need help .

I need help please ,

Did you know that your IP Address and Default Gateway are changing as soon you are installing Windows 7 ???
I found out the hard way . I just got a new Dell Printer V715w Ink jet . I have 3 computers in the house. ( 2 Desktops PC and one laptop MBP ) The Dell Printer works only with Windows. So I did install Windows 7 on my MacBookPro , so I thought the problem will be solve.... I was wrong !!! In order for the printer to work wireless for the 3 computers ...the IP Address and Default Gateway has the be the same ( so the printer will be recognized in the same Network ) .Unfortunately , Windows 7 change the configurations , I don't know why( the IP address and Default Gateway are not the same than the two other computers ). But on the Mac side , the IP address and Default Gateway remains the same .But unfortunately the software doesn't work with Mac .

Any solutions from Microsoft or Apple ???? Does anyone experience the same problem??

Thanks you for reading my Thread ,

Yomango .

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 18th, 2010 19:00

yomango,

You actually got my attention and I will say..."YOU'RE WRONG!"

I have a V715w Printer and set it up with a Vista 64-bit system. I have Windows 7 on a seperate partition and it aslo connect with the V715w Printer. I am using the printer wirelessly. Yes, it's possible that your computer can have a different ip address. I assigned an ip address to my printer.

Your Default Gateway is for your wireless router Try running ipconfig /all log while you're connected to your wireless router. Look at the default gateway and put that address in your address bar. You should get prompted for a username and password to log into your wireless router.

Maybe we should start over. Please reply and tell me what type of problem you're having with your V715w Printer. There are ubuntu drivers and SuSE Linux drivers as well as Windows drivers for this printer.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 18th, 2010 20:00

Yomango,

I read your thread again. I think I know what you did.

All you do is connect the printer to one computer and complete the setup first. After the printer is setup, then for the other computers, download the drivers from Dell's website and install them. Tell the drivers it is an additional computer.

Instructions can be found at...

V715w Wireless All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

I installed the Vista drivers in the compatibility mode on my Windows 7 machine with no problems.

Let me know what happens.

Rick

3 Posts

May 1st, 2010 16:00

Greetings:

I hope someone can assist.

I currently have a Dell V715w that I purchased from Dell this past Wednesday (4/28/10), and I have two laptops and a desktop.  The printer will only load on the Dell system and not my other Toshiba laptop and/or desktop.  I called Dell and for two days that can't give me the correct drivers for non-Dell systems.  I am extremely pissed that this printer only works on Dell systems. Can you assist as this makes no sense to me?  Works fine on the Dell laptop (Studio 1737) but no-go on non-Dell systems.  This printer was purchased because it was built off Lexmark's technology and I have a Lexmark 5410 and it works perfect on all systems.

I get error 1797 whenever i try to add the printer on non-DELL systems, and errors about not having permissions.  Dell OEM software block you from entering software on non-DELL hardware, and this shouldn't happen with the printer.  I can understand if I am trying to use the DELL installation disc to load an O/S on a non-DELL machine, but this should be different...

Please advise!

Cole

3 Posts

May 2nd, 2010 17:00

Hi Rick, and thanks for replying....it's a crazy situation...notice my responses to the above in RED

What is the make and model of the computer(s) and the operating system(s) you're trying to install the V715w Printer? – I have a custom tower running Win7, and a Toshiba Satellite laptop, also running Win7…I also have a Dell Studio 1737 that the printer did install on.  I tried to add the wireless printers but the drivers offered don’t work.

What is the make and model of your wireless router? What type of settings are you using in the wireless router? I have an AT&T router called 2Wire….settings are WPA2 with AES encryption…

What type of Virus protection are you using on the computers? What firewalls?  I have NOD32 antivirus protection and my Windows firewalls are all off…I have the drivers from Dell’s website and the Windows Update offers a driver, but they will not load on these machines…really baffled how the wireless printer works on the DELL and not the Toshiba laptop… 

If you screen sharing capabilities, send me an email and I can show you what the issues are.  I am sure my configurations are correct, and it's a driver issue...thanks again and let me know if you need anything additional...

-Cole

<ADMIN NOTE:Email Id removed per privacy policy>

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 2nd, 2010 17:00

Cole,

This is the first time I heard that a Dell Printer would not install on another brand computer.

I know this will sound like a double question, but with the new forum format, the subject and some other information does not carry through, so I will ask this question(s).

What is the make and model of the computer(s) and the operating system(s) you're trying to install the V715w Printer?

What is the make and model of your wireless router? What type of settings are you using in the wireless router?

What type of Virus protection are you using on the computers? What firewalls?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 2nd, 2010 18:00

Cole,

First, edit the post to remove your email address or the admins will.

On the Toshibe, since you already tried to install the printer, try unstalling the printer fro programs and features and/or start, all programs, Dell Printers, V715w, Uninstall Dell V715w

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

I recommend using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, in your wireless router, I use channel 11. I would try changing the network name to make connecting easier. I do know the V715w does work with WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security (Personal) as I do have this printer.

After changing the router settings, then set up the printer, just like you did when you purchased the printer. Your Studio 1737 is Vista 32-bit or 64-bit, maybe? I am using Vista 64-bit with my Studio 1737 and I also have Windows 7 64-bit on a seperate partition. I have posted how to install the V715w Printer to a computer using Windows 7 at...

V715w Wireless All-In-One Printer owners thread (W7)

Try reading THIS ARTICLE, since you're using NOD32. You'll need to allow the printers IP Address past NOD32. Since you mentioned that you have a custom tower with Windows 7, I can tell you I noted these known issues.

Known issues

Dell Studio™ 1536 Is Unable to Print Documents  and uninstall NVIDIA's Network Access Manager.

Windows 7, if I remember correctly, before I installed it, I downloaded the drivers to the computer and installed the drivers in the compatibility mode and the drivers got updated during installation

or

Just downloading the drivers from Dell's website, the drivers automatically got updated.

Right click on the drivers file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility to Vista. Then right click on the drivers, left click run as administrator.

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

Rick 

3 Posts

May 2nd, 2010 18:00

Rick:

I was unable to edit my previous post, so the admins can remove my email as needed.

The wireless router setup is correct as the printer is working wirelessly with the Dell 1737.  I am running 32-bit with Win7 Ult 32-bit.  I have my router on Ch. 11.  It doesn't make sense.  My NOD32 is not blocking the drivers.  I have McAfee on the Dell Studio and it never blocked the download...

The customer services guys went through my settings and have no answer...the error codes all suggests that I don't have the proper drivers...

-Cole

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 2nd, 2010 19:00

Cole,

Did you try...

Start, all programs, accessories, right click on the command prompt. Letf click run as administrator. Type

sfc /scannow          (space between the c and /)

I saw the people from Microsoft suggest this. I would try posting this at Microsoft Answers and see what the people from Microsoft suggest about this. I cannot really tell as I don't have access to a non-Dell Computer. All the computers here and from visitors are Dell Computers. My older Dell 964 Printer did install on non-Dell computers.

Rick

No Events found!