Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2013 17:00

Double-sided scan on 725W?

Hello,

Does anyone know if the 725w can scan double-sided (duplex) from the ADF?

I tried unsuccessfully a few times. And read through the applicable sections of the user guide

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 19th, 2013 11:00

vaiopeanut,

I think that if you put in one page at a time, into the ADF, it will ask you if you want to scan another page. It's much slower that way.

Rick

2 Posts

March 19th, 2013 11:00

Rick,

So you don't believe the ADF can scan in duplex mode?

Are you saying I could put it in the ADR...scan it...flip it over and put it in the ADR again....and scan it again??

But I don't believe I ever saw an option that has the scanner ask if you want to scan multiple pages and waits for them.

I'm speaking specifically of the ADF of course.

If I took it out if the ADF and flipped it over and passed it through the ADF again. I'm pretty sure it will just see it as a new SCAN. And not add it to the same file (PDF) as the previous scan.

I know there is the ability with the Glass scanner..But I was really hoping there was another option than that. As I would have to manually open the the lid each time and flip it over.  And do the same over and over again if there are multiple double-sided pages I need to scan

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 19th, 2013 13:00

vaiopeanut,

You can probably only scan the one side of the document. I don't think there is a duplexer for the ADF.

I have a Dell V715w and it scans using the ADF quickly, but only one side. I know it would be a small problem but if you had everything printed on one side and ready for scanning, you'd only have to do this one time until it was scanned, then you could use the double-sided printing to print the documents, when needed.

Rick

No Events found!