Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

August 20th, 2012 15:00

Download 2155cdn drivers

I'm looking for a set of standard printer drivers for the 2155cdn printer.

Looking at this link:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/dell-2155cn-cdn

I found drivers that are monochrome only (and contains a damaged .pdf), and a driver that contains an updater for an existing driver but does not allow me to install the driver in the first place.  There is also something called an XPS driver but it does not seem to include an installer.

Where can I download the most current release of the existing Windows 7 PCL5 or PCL6 driver for this printer that includes a standard installer (like the driver that was originally shipped with the printer)?  

Thanks!

953 Posts

August 22nd, 2012 07:00

Hi chucko6166,

The link that you have posted is the correct link for the drivers. From the list download the file Dell-Driver (dellopd_A04.msi (6MB)). Save the download to an easy location such as the desktop and follow the below steps:

1. Extract the zip file downloaded to your desired location.
  2. Click Start → Devices and Printers.
  3. Click Add a printer.
  4. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, and you are an administrator on the computer, click Yes; else, contact the administrator to continue the desired action.
  5. Click Add a local printer.
  6. Select the port connected to this product, and then click Next.
  7. Click Have Disk to display the Install From Disk dialog box.
  8. Click Browse, and then select the extracted folder in step 1.
  9. Click OK.
  10. Select your printer name and click Next.
  11. To change the printer name, enter the printer name in the Printer name box, and then click Next to allow the installation to begin.
  12. If you do not share your printer, select Do not share this printer. If you share your printer, select Share this printer so that others on your network can find and use it. Click Next.
  13. As the driver installation is completed, click Print a test page to print a test page. To use this printer as the default printer, select the Set as the default printer check box.
  14. Click Finish.

Keep me posted if this helps.

No Events found!