Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 13th, 2015 11:00

E310dw, will not wake from Deep Sleep

As the title says.. my E310dw won't wake from sleep... ever. Doesn't matter what I have tried... cycling the power, cancel button, settings, etc. I have the printer set up in wi-fi mode and it appears OFFLINE on all computers I use to try and access it. Then to make matters more frustrating, just all of a sudden it will print what I wanted printed. Haven't figured out what the key is to get this working.

Any help please?

Thank you.

1 Message

January 20th, 2016 22:00

I turned off deep sleep because the printer would always disconnect from the network and I would have to reboot the printer to print.  Since I have turned off the deep sleep feature, I haven't had any problems.

From the control panel go to General Setup/ Ecology / Sleep Time, when the display reads 1min press the back button and the down button simultaneously.  The display should now say deep sleep.  now select Off, and exit back out.

That should disable the Deep Sleep Feature.  Hopefully this helps, because even tech support thought there was no way to turn off deep sleep, and I was banging my head against the wall every time I had to reboot.

12 Posts

October 2nd, 2015 15:00

Still have not found a solution!

12 Posts

October 2nd, 2015 15:00

I have now wired the system to my router via a network cable. Still will not wake from sleep. The only way to get this thing to print is to connect via usb directly to the printer.

1 Message

October 22nd, 2015 08:00

ditto, same problem, as everyone had with 1250c and various other models. what's so hard about waking these things from sleep? some random port that's normally blocked or something?

not tried wired yet, but also have issue with os drivers resetting to default options once printer is power cycled. which it has to every time I print because sleep/wake issue.

29 Posts

November 19th, 2015 00:00

Try turning off the firewall or use another router and see if it works.

1 Message

March 4th, 2016 11:00

I have tried this and it is not working for me on 3 new printers. Does anyone else have any idea's on

how to disable sleep mode.

1 Message

May 1st, 2016 12:00

I believe that this should resolve your problem.  On the Ports tab of the printer Properties, click Configure Port.  UNcheck the SNMP Status Enabled box and click OK.  My printer started printing immediately.  Hope this helps!

1 Message

August 26th, 2016 03:00

BIG thanks to rv16 for instructions  on how to turn off deep sleep!

It's fiddly to do but when you get to the Deep Sleep menu, then press ok and then up/down to select off.

Having done this, my wireless connection to Dell E310DW now seems to be working perfectly.

1 Message

June 20th, 2017 12:00

Good lord. I have been struggling with this stupid thing for months. Same issue...goes offline constantly and won't wake up. Finally got the deep sleep function turned off and it's working!! Thank you so much.

1 Message

February 2nd, 2018 13:00

'The display should now say deep sleep CHECK

'.  now select Off, and exit back out.

HOW DO I SELECT off?  when i click the up down arrows,  I do not see an entry called 'Off'.

12 Posts

March 29th, 2018 22:00

This worked for me.  Thanks a ton.

1 Message

August 19th, 2018 18:00

Try flipping open the top front corner cover towards you to cause the printer to "restart" and see if that doesn't change the status to READY. It worked for me. 

1 Message

May 31st, 2019 17:00

The reason why it won't wake up is that the printer is not communicating with the router. This should work:

1. find the printer's IP address. 

2. Go to the printer's properties and open ports

3. The port number might have changed. If so, go to configure and make sure that it is the same as the printer's IP address.

4. Or 'add a port' (Standard TCP/IP Port). Follow the wizard.

Good luck but this does work.

3 Posts

October 23rd, 2020 07:00

Troubleshooting Sleep Issues Connected via Network

Sleep issues from a network connected printer are caused by the printer losing its DHCP lease. When the printer goes to sleep, it stops communicating with the network. This causes the DHCP Server to release the IP that the printer is using. The printer will not renew its DHCP lease until it is woken up (this will have to be done manually since the printer no longer has an open line of communication to the network).

To resolve this issue, set a DHCP reservation for the printer on the DHCP server or router. In order to do this, the printer will need to be set to DHCP mode for address assignment. Once the printer has obtained an IP through DHCP, access whatever device manages DHCP address assignment to create the lease. If using a static IP for their printer, you can reset the static IP to the same address as the DHCP reservation once the lease is in place (this is not necessary, however).

If this does not resolve the issue please contact Dell Technical Support.

Article ID: SLN296453

Last Date Modified: 12/05/2019 02:29 PM

3 Posts

April 24th, 2021 15:00

First of all, indicate if there are connection problems if connected to the router using Ethernet. I had the same problem when the Ethernet cord was not fully plugged in.  Make sure the Ethernet cord end has a good locking clip and if not use a rubber band to secure it. Most likely the reason it prints when it wants to.

No Events found!