fretrac
2 Bronze

RE: Dell E310dw Laser Printer will not wake from Deep Sleep... or sleep for that matter.

Jump to solution

I believe that this should resolve your problem.  On the Ports tab of the printer Properties, click Configure Port.  UNcheck the SNMP Status Enabled box and click OK.  My printer started printing immediately.  Hope this helps!

headburger
2 Bronze

RE: Dell E310dw Laser Printer will not wake from Deep Sleep... or sleep for that matter.

Jump to solution

BIG thanks to rv16 for instructions  on how to turn off deep sleep!

It's fiddly to do but when you get to the Deep Sleep menu, then press ok and then up/down to select off.

Having done this, my wireless connection to Dell E310DW now seems to be working perfectly.

0 Kudos
mrsmikejr
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Good lord. I have been struggling with this stupid thing for months. Same issue...goes offline constantly and won't wake up. Finally got the deep sleep function turned off and it's working!! Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Will 007
2 Bronze

Re: Dell E310dw Laser Printer will not wake from Deep Sleep.

Jump to solution

Try flipping open the top front corner cover towards you to cause the printer to "restart" and see if that doesn't change the status to READY. It worked for me. 

0 Kudos
Bjud
2 Bronze

Re: Dell E310dw Laser Printer will not wake from Deep Sleep.

Jump to solution

The reason why it won't wake up is that the printer is not communicating with the router. This should work:

1. find the printer's IP address. 

2. Go to the printer's properties and open ports

3. The port number might have changed. If so, go to configure and make sure that it is the same as the printer's IP address.

4. Or 'add a port' (Standard TCP/IP Port). Follow the wizard.

Good luck but this does work.

0 Kudos
bmaz121
2 Bronze

Re: E310dw, will not wake from Deep Sleep

Jump to solution
Troubleshooting Sleep Issues Connected via Network

Sleep issues from a network connected printer are caused by the printer losing its DHCP lease. When the printer goes to sleep, it stops communicating with the network. This causes the DHCP Server to release the IP that the printer is using. The printer will not renew its DHCP lease until it is woken up (this will have to be done manually since the printer no longer has an open line of communication to the network).

To resolve this issue, set a DHCP reservation for the printer on the DHCP server or router. In order to do this, the printer will need to be set to DHCP mode for address assignment. Once the printer has obtained an IP through DHCP, access whatever device manages DHCP address assignment to create the lease. If using a static IP for their printer, you can reset the static IP to the same address as the DHCP reservation once the lease is in place (this is not necessary, however).

If this does not resolve the issue please contact Dell Technical Support.

Article ID: SLN296453

Last Date Modified: 12/05/2019 02:29 PM

0 Kudos
bmaz121
2 Bronze

Re: E310dw, will not wake from Deep Sleep

Jump to solution

First of all, indicate if there are connection problems if connected to the router using Ethernet. I had the same problem when the Ethernet cord was not fully plugged in.  Make sure the Ethernet cord end has a good locking clip and if not use a rubber band to secure it. Most likely the reason it prints when it wants to.

0 Kudos