Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 23rd, 2016 13:00

E525w Will Not Print Envelopes

Without exaggerating, I have tried a thousand times to print envelopes and only on a rare occasion can print one.  I must figure out how to at least print standard #10 business envelopes.  Envelopes jam either upon entering print roller or jam in the back.  I have tried standard 'lick' envelopes as well as high end laser 'no lick' and both fail the same. My Dell E525w software and drivers are up to date for Win 10 and my computer is a Dell Precision 7810.  I have reviewed all Dell manuals and there is no help there.  Can anyone who has had this issue offer any help?  Thank you, Harry

9 Posts

January 23rd, 2016 14:00

hello, Harry 7810:

I have a canon s900 and an ancient (original) hp laserjet 4p and *both* require setting a switch actually on the printer itself to accommodate envelopes - and - they can be loaded in only one way for it to come out successfully (each one has different requirements)...  the hp 4p does have the capability of printing multiple envelopes, but does not recommend it per the instructions.

as to the material itself, you must totally flatten the envelope before loading it...  they suggest something  like a rolling object - glass, wooden dole, etc...  also, all the corners must be as flat and 'defect-free' as possible...

without the original setup instructions, I cannot be more specific, so I would suggest trying to find them - either print or download - but it sounds to me like you're missing the first step in the sequence.

good luck,

tool_tip

January 23rd, 2016 14:00

Thank you 'Tool-Tip, however the Dell E525w does not have a 'switch', I have loaded correctly and flattened all envelopes. I have all the original setup manuals and none of those help either.  As a note, my old HP LaserJet printed envelopes fine but died recently, and my old Dell Inkjet 9 68 printed envelopes great as well, but also died.  This E525w is the worst printer I have ever had and I thought it would be an upgrade from the old Dell 968. Harry

9 Posts

January 29th, 2016 16:00

harry :

I found this comment in the e525w product review -

E525w Envelope Printing

PostedSeptember 16, 2015
No, I do not recommend this product.
This wonderful printer has a major design flaw. You have to unload paper from the tray, then insert an envelope, each time, then reload paper, and each step requires re-setting the control panel from paper, to envelope, then back to paper. How envelopes were not designed to be printed from the top rather than the tray is beyond me. Also, every time you take paper out of the tray the tray lid falls off and is very difficult to re-insert due to awkward tabs. You also must download manuals or you ... (read more)
This wonderful printer has a major design flaw. You have to unload paper from the tray, then insert an envelope, each time, then reload paper, and each step requires re-setting the control panel from paper, to envelope, then back to paper. How envelopes were not designed to be printed from the top rather than the tray is beyond me. Also, every time you take paper out of the tray the tray lid falls off and is very difficult to re-insert due to awkward tabs. You also must download manuals or you will not figure out how to even load an envelope. I would not have chosen this printer if I had known the above.
also, don't forget to check for driver/ firmware updates right here on dell.
see this for the full product reviews,
http : // accessories .dell .com /sna /product detail .aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku= 210-AEDL
(remove all the spaces)
there's hope yet,
~dbg~
Tool_Tip

January 30th, 2016 11:00

Tool Tip:  In your response 29 Jan 16, the comment you found is my own original comment, sent way before the last one with no results on either of my posts. Harry

1 Message

June 28th, 2017 08:00

I was having the same problem with the same printer, but I figured it out!  Open Word, go into mailing, type your envelope, then select options and choose the picture that matches how your envelope is loaded into the computer.  Also change the setting on the printer to envelope, and you should be all set!

No Events found!