Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

October 25th, 2016 21:00

E525w, unable to scan, USB connected

I have a Dell E525w printer/scanner/fax/copier connected to a Windows 7 Pro computer via USB cable. I am flat out unable to scan to the computer by any means - be it from the printer or from the computer.

- Dell printer hub shows "No scanner installed"

- Have downloaded the latest/greatest installation software (A02) and installed it. No change.

- Have downloaded the file labeled as "scanner drivers" and installed it. No change.

- Network discovery is on, printer and file sharing is on. (Even though this should make no difference since I'm connected via USB cable)

- Using Windows Fax and Scan program, "No scanners detected".

- In device manager in "Other devices" I have a "Dell Color MFP E525w" with a yellow exclamation point on it. I right click the device, select to update software and have it search the entire C: drive. If apparently finds drivers and unsuccessfully attempts to install them with an error that reads:

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it

E525 scanner driver

The install class is not present or invalid

• Right click on the device in device manager and uninstalled it. Rebooted the computer and it automatically reinstalled still appearing in “Other devices” with the exclamation point.

What’s next?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 26th, 2016 07:00

Carl1959,

Click the link below for information resolving the scanner not working.

Scanner Not Detected Using Dell Printer Hub (DPH)

No Events found!