7- Thorium

Re: Epson Perfection 1670 installation problems on Dell XPS L702X

Nigel,

I have a Dell XPS L501x and it does have the Renesas 3.0 USP Ports. I do NOT have an external hard drive to try the usb ports like the others. So I really do not know it mine are working properly or not.

They are trying to figure out the problem but from what I'm hearing, it cannot be duplicated.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
nigelhs
1 Copper

Rick,

Oh dear!  Perhaps ungenerously, it seems Dell have manufactured beyond their own understanding?

My configuration is 1 x USB 2.0 (left hand side); 2 x USB 3.0 (rear panel).

After reading the thread a little further, I thought I would try JUST my mouse on one of the rear panels (it was pure chance that I had installed it to the USB 2.0 socket).  After a short while, the mouse stopped working.  So, the fault is more worrying than I thought - I guess the next thing to try is an external drive (I have several - including the nifty iomega eGo) and hope that any interruption doesn't corrupt/damage the drive!  I was not happy with the scanner being brought to a jarring halt by this gremlin).

This is the first time that I have been disappointed with Dell.  If they respond to my last communication in which I suggested that I was facing a USB conflict, I will let you know.  

Nigel

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Nigel,

Big file transfers. Transfer something you already have a backup of.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
nigelhs
1 Copper

Rick,

I have read the General Hardware Forum threads you pointed me to - 31 screens later, I have added my own experience to those of others and given Which? a 'corrective' to my recent glowing report on my experience of Dell PCs.  I am a great fan of Dell (several PCs bought and many more recommended to friends and colleagues), and while this issue is not the death of my XPS L702X experience, it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and I shall certainly not recommend Dell PCs with USB3 implementation any time soon.

Thanks for alerting me and for kind advice and guidance in recent days, it is much appreciated.

Over and out - to the other forum!

Nigel

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Nigel,

Read your other post there. I already get emails from that thread, since I also have a Dell XPS L501x. It has the Renesas 3.0 usb host controllers.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos