Highlighted
jlb4350
Bronze

Firmware Error 900.57 on 2350dn

Jump to solution

I've been getting a firmware error code 900.57 on my Dell 2350dn printer lately. I searched the Dell support and found an Urgent firmware update that supposedly resolves the 900.57 error, but that update was for a 2330dn and not the 2350. There are no firmware updates available for the 2350. Will the 2330 update work with my printer? This has been an annoying issue for about a month now.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Printster
Silver

Re: Firmware Error 900.57 on 2350dn

Jump to solution

Yes the 2330 drivers and firmware should work just fine for the 2350dn printer. Also, the 900.57 error is specific to the driver you are using. I believe that is a PCL error and the 900.43 is a PS driver error. You may try changing the driver over to Dell's Open print or just try swapping between PCL and PS if the firmware does not help.

jlb4350
Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you. I will try that when the error appears again!

0 Kudos
UCHC
Copper

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.

I have updated the firmware. I have uninstalled the printer, and reinstalled the printer. I have gone in and even reset the default settings on the machine. I tried a power cycle, all of which is to no avail.

The machine at this point will print 4 or 5 pages then stop mid print and continue the the error code 900.57.

I have looked up the code and obviously it says use a firmware update, but it also mentions using the proper driver for the device. Well, I have checked both, and still nothing.

Does anyone have an idea of what's up?

0 Kudos
Printster
Silver

Jump to solution

It isnt necessarily the "proper driver" so much as the type of driver. This is a PCL error so a different PCL driver or even a PS driver is a good choice for troubleshooting. In some rare cases it is a problem with the board on the unit.

0 Kudos
jddfw
Bronze

RE: Firmware Error 900.57 on 2350dn

Jump to solution
I just ran into this on the 2330dn, and the latest FW release did not resolve the issue. So, I pulled the Ethernet cable and the printer remained "Ready." I then went to the client's computer and reinstalled the printer, with the latest driver set.

Oddly enough, the driver set installed the XL, PS3, and the "vanilla" drivers, when I specified the use of only the "vanilla" drivers. I then had to go back in and delete the XL and PS3 queues.

0 Kudos