Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2009 19:00

Firmware download for DELL ALL-IN-ONE (AIO) 962

I recently upgraded to windows vista 64 bit and my printer won't scan or fax anymore.  i have already downloaded the driver but i need the FIRMWARE.  I checked on dells website and found it, but the download is not really there, just a empty patch.  Where can i get a firmware download for my aio 962 printer for vista 64?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 17th, 2009 22:00

brandismeeks,

Firmware usually gets flashed to the printer. Some version of firmware are causing problems are are not reall advisable to install it.

I think you are looking for the Vista 64-bit drivers to install on your computer to make it work. Follow the instructions below and then tell me what happens.

Make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

Install the proper drivers. You'll be prompted when to connect your printer.

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer.

Rick

11 Posts

August 17th, 2009 23:00

Hi brandismeeks.

I second Rick's advice here.... DO NOT FLASH YOUR PRINTER FIRMWARE! I turned my AIO 946 into large paperweight as a result. Update your drivers, but leave the firmware as is.

Cheers,

Adrian.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 20th, 2009 18:00

rbtbailey,

Try following the instructions at...

962 All-In-One Inkjet Printer owners thread (W7)

Then tell me what happens.

Rick

No Events found!