Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

February 13th, 2014 00:00

Fix Dell 3115cn Printer Error Codes

My Dell 3115cn printer gives the error 093-921 Remove Tape from Cartridge. It gives it on all of the cartridges even though some are brand new. Please help!

3 Posts

February 14th, 2014 23:00

Sorry, I forgot something. It seemed to me (again, my impression), that these cartridges burn out/destroy something in the printer costly enough that shipping is cheaper than fixing, as our contract includes on-site repair.

I can give you the email of the very helpful woman I dealt with.

3 Posts

February 14th, 2014 23:00

Hi -- We have one of these & had the same problem. Printer is great, Dell was great, EXCEPT they won't admit that their high-capacity cartridges cause all kinds of problems. That may not be fair, though. It's just my impression. They DID replace the printer twice, at their cost (we have a maintenance contract with them), AND spent HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS on the phone with me. It had to cost them a fortune. I saw several complaints about this exact issue somewhere or other on Dell.

We had zero problems until I bought high-capacity toners, and then BOOM it all started with the same message you got. We replaced all the cartridges with regular and have had no issues since then. Hope this helps.

105 Posts

February 17th, 2014 05:00

This could be a simple error that usually occurs when a cartridge is new. A clear tape is attached on ink cartridges to preserve the freshness of the ink but it must be removed before installation. Simply take out the cartridge and then locate the clear tape attached it, peel it off gently and you can reinstall the ink cartridge back. 

3 Posts

February 17th, 2014 12:00

That wasn't present on ours, just seemed to be the cartridges. I wish it WAS that, because packing/unpacking, installing, etc., leaves a LOT to be desired. Dell service is great, though, especially if you have a contract for these big bucks (to me) machines.

No Events found!