Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

June 4th, 2018 22:00

H625cdw, scanner error code 062-380

I've used this printer over the last 13 months in my home office to print perhaps 15 pages total. Now, when it boots up, I get Scanner error 062-380 and it requests that I turn the power off and turn it back on again.

The message says "Contact Customer Support if the error is repeated"

As mentioned previously, the printer is 13 months old and now out of warranty - and it looks like Dell does not allow warranty extensions on printers.

I can't get past the scanner error to actually use the printer, and I am not particularly happy about my price per page ROI. ;)

Can anyone tell me what this error is? Where I can get my hands on a service manual or parts? - or even just recommend an approved repair shop in the Chicagoland area?

I cannot believe that a printer as rarely used as this one has suddenly failed for no obvious reason.

1 Message

July 1st, 2018 05:00

OMG! I have the same situation. I bought this April 2017, and it give me this 062-380 in June 2018. The customer service told me it is out of service. I barely use this printer and I love it. Now, I have to rethink all my business products away from Dell. Let me know if you have any solution. Thanks

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

July 1st, 2018 07:00

1 Message

July 22nd, 2018 16:00

Don't bother with the link to read the manual.. not helpful at all.

There is no reference to the error code.

I too purchased this expensive all in one color laser Dell printer in April 2017.  It broke in June 2018.  2 months out of warantee.  I barely used the printer.. pretty sure ink is still at least half full.  

No service center, repair, parts... this is now landfill.   

1 Message

July 23rd, 2018 09:00

Yes,

I just got the same error, Dell supports answer was its out of warranty so we no longer provide technical support or service of this unit.  6mo old, and its a paperweight headed for the scrap heap...

August 1st, 2018 17:00

Spent $1000 on a top of the line Dell color laser multi function printer. Model S3845cdn. Purchased June 2017. Used as a home office printer. Only run 374 copies through it. Now getting error code 062-380. Appears to be some sort of scanner problem. Scanner lamp does not come on. Dell tech. support will not help me since the printer is out of warranty. They no longer sell this printer, or and parts for it. So apparently I now have a $1000 paper weight and no printer! Sounds like a trip out to the desert with my Barrett 50 cal. and some Tannerite is in order! I will never buy Dell again!!! Their quality and support has really gotten terrible. I have had several Dell desk top and laptops over the years. Very, very disappointing!!!

1 Message

August 10th, 2018 20:00

Same experience here. The machine was on and only printed 300 pages or so and a couple of month over warranty, same issue. The odd thing is that I started using the machine 4 month after I bought it, reading other online reviews makes me thinking that might be dell has some preset program to make it fail after the warranty??? Very disturbed. And no support at all. They even refuse to provide an estimated repair cost so I can get the extended warranty from credit card company. HP provided without any arguement. I have over a douzen dell computers in my office that I purchased and have to think twice about their products now... 

1 Message

September 22nd, 2018 17:00

I have had the same issue.  Received error code 062-380 two months after out of warranty.  This sure seems like a software bomb. Myself and my clients will no longer be using Dell after this .

1 Message

September 28th, 2018 17:00

Same problem here. It DOES seem like a software error but good luck getting them to fess up to it. I was able to scan from my wife's old windows 7 pc, but windows 10 is a bomb. The error has something to do with the ADF (automatic document feeder). If you did not notice, Dell is no longer in the printer business which is probably the reason for the lack of interest. 

1 Message

October 10th, 2018 19:00

Exactly same here. Just a few months after warranty expired. Barely used, for home use only. Sometimes my family didn’t use it for a whole month. In one year we didn’t run out of any cartridges, so imagine. Dell disabled whole printer while this is known scanner issue only. If Dell would make cars, streets would be full of standing cars because of broken light bulb in glove compartment. There are hundreds of people on internet with exact same problem, some of them call it a software bomb. This printer replaced my 5year-old Brother laser printer, which I gave to my friend, and, unlike this 15-month-old Dell, it is still running.

1 Message

October 19th, 2018 12:00

Same story with me with 062-380.  two months out of warranty - no help from Dell.................   $$ wasted - very upset with Dell.

1 Message

November 3rd, 2018 11:00

Same fault code here and same song and dance. Haven't even used up the starter toners and have extra life new one for when they ran out im out big money looks like.

December 19th, 2018 18:00

I've experienced the same issue. After reading that no one has gotten any support from Dell I decided to start tearing into the printer. It's sad to see how much engineering went into the design of the printer, I didn't really see anything internally that stuck out as cheap - everything seems easily serviceable and yet I could not find any replacement parts. The printer seems to be a xerox workcentre clone, but I couldn't find any parts for that either. My hope was that a xerox control board to replace the Dell control board might bypass this ridiculous software bug/feature. No luck, pretty depressed/frustrated.

I even tried just unplugging the scanner, still threw the error. I tried forcing light into the ccd, did not help.

Given enough time I feel like I could come up with some solution, but I've invested too much effort at this point. Once again, just sad that all the effort that went into designing and building this thing is all for nothing because of poorly written software. 

I hope someone has more luck than me, I'm just going to salvage some components and call it a day.

January 1st, 2019 10:00

Same Situation.  I purchased my H625cdw in Nov 2017.  Today, on Jan 1 2019, I get the same Scanner Error - Code 062-380.  Per the printer's instructions, I converse with the Dell Service Dept Rep and I reference this message board.  The Dell Rep says that he has read this message board and then proceeds to tell me what others have been told.  "I'm sorry the printer is out of warranty and you will need to buy a bunch of parts first and pay a technician $179 for a 2 hour visit."  Given the other replies and the belief of another respondent that it  is a software issue and not a parts issue, this advice from the Dell Service Rep does not seem to make much sense.  It's surprising and too bad that none of us know someone at Dell who can assume control of this issue and help us resolve it.  Or if someone has found a means of addressing this issue, please post.

1 Message

January 2nd, 2019 07:00

I have the same issue. My warranty just expired on 12/17/2018 and I called to get assistance with that error code. They told me you cannot extend the warranty on a printer anymore and that the code was one that cannot be fixed. The dell tech support person told me to replace the entire printer. I paid $599.99 for this piece of junk and barely used it over the last year!!! I clarified what she said...replace the printer with her and she confirmed. I have a model . 

March 4th, 2019 22:00

Yep, same here, it started only giving me an error when scanning now the printer is worthless and won't even turn on. Conveniently right after the warrant expired, what a strange coincidence. Engineered obsolescence should be a federal crime. I actually thought Dell was a descent company but I'm never buying any Dell product again. Thankfully my company is switching to Surfaces. I hope Dell goes under. 

No Events found!