Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

June 4th, 2018 22:00

H625cdw, scanner error code 062-380

I've used this printer over the last 13 months in my home office to print perhaps 15 pages total. Now, when it boots up, I get Scanner error 062-380 and it requests that I turn the power off and turn it back on again.

The message says "Contact Customer Support if the error is repeated"

As mentioned previously, the printer is 13 months old and now out of warranty - and it looks like Dell does not allow warranty extensions on printers.

I can't get past the scanner error to actually use the printer, and I am not particularly happy about my price per page ROI. ;)

Can anyone tell me what this error is? Where I can get my hands on a service manual or parts? - or even just recommend an approved repair shop in the Chicagoland area?

I cannot believe that a printer as rarely used as this one has suddenly failed for no obvious reason.

March 13th, 2019 11:00

I had no luck finding replacement parts. I took apart everything and model numbers were not helpful. I saw the scanner was a LiteOn scanner, but could not find a replacement. 

If you have two printers - and if one works then you might be able to monitor the signal from on and emulate the result for the other printer to at least bypass the fault - might not be worth the effort though. If both printers failed at the same time that just seems suspicious - maybe if they were plugged into the same outlet path - some ripple could have affected something but the issue then should have been isolated to the power supply - maybe the power supply is not putting out the correct voltage for the logic board. I suspect a 3.3v or 5v rail would be the culprit if that was the case.

One thought I had is that if you got the Xerox equivalent board - it might be able to be swapped directly in place and might not fault or block you if it did throw a fault.

While doing the teardown, I was saddened by the amount of engineering that went into this printer just to be become irrelevant by some poorly executed code. Being a rebranded xerox might have been the reason why this was missed through testing - maybe just a minor tweak and it was never caught, otherwise they intentionally added this fault to shut the machines down (though if that were the case, the issue would also be persistent on Xerox printers I would think).

1 Message

May 5th, 2019 10:00

Same here. Has anybody come up with a solution? 

Edit: Guys, you can hit it here:

May 15th, 2019 19:00

I've got a very similar issue as well.  My printer was purchased 12/2017, so I'm only a couple months out of warranty.  Now the scanner is throwing a similar error code (mine is 062-371) which seems to indicate a light error.  I went into the maintenance mode and moved the scanner bar over and then forced the light to come on.  It mostly is fine, but on the rearmost part there are a few pixels/lines that are dark.

I called Dell and got the same thing as others, "Parts + $179 labor."  I figured I could do the work myself, so I asked to be sent to the parts department who promptly told me the part was on permanent backorder and likely would never be in stock again and my best bet was to check eBay.

Its ridiculous to me that there is not a way to bypass using the scanner to print pages!  In the almost 1.5 years I have had this printer I have only printed 522 pages.  Most of the toners are still full, except the black starter is at 70%.  But because the light sort of doesn't come on all the way on the scanner I can't use the printer?!?!?  Unfortunately I have had very little luck finding any parts for this thing either.  I wonder if the parts from the Xerox WorkCentre 6515/DN could be swapped to get this thing back to life.  All I need is a scanner lamp!

2 Posts

May 17th, 2019 18:00

Came here to add to this as well.

15 months since I got it (3 months out of warranty) and I have the same exact error.  Same excuses.

2 Posts

May 29th, 2019 17:00

Same... three months out of warranty and that **bleep** scanner error renders the whole thing absolutely useless.

Dell: You have a known design flaw in this printer's scanner bulb detector. This is NOT standard wear and tear failure and you know it. You do nothing to provide a solution for it. This was a very expensive printer for a small home/office and I've wasted both my time and my money. I'll never buy another printer from you again.

16 Posts

June 3rd, 2019 22:00

Same here - 1 month out of warranty.  It seems Dell decided to build in a defect so that we keep buying new printers from them.  I'm not going to play their game any more.  It's against my core belief that humanity should stop creating junk that ends up in trash piles.  Scanner CCD failure?  Why doesn't the printer work?  Ah!  Dell wants bigger trash piles on our planet.  Not with my money.  

• 

16.7K Posts

June 4th, 2019 04:00

CYFAR,

Contact the Dell Out of Warranty Support Team by clicking the link below.

https://dell.to/316qZib

2 Posts

June 4th, 2019 06:00

The problem is your out of warranty support dept does nothing other than (sometimes) to offer to get you over to sales to order the replacement parts and pay for a tech. The problem is that the part is permanently back ordered. 

The issue all of us in this thread (and many others) have is that this is clearly a defect that Dell has to know about. It is happening way too often but after the one year warranty is over. This should fall under a product recall because of how many cases seem to be coming up about it.  How Dell just wanted to be crappy and ignore it. I could even (not really but maybe) understand the fact that you guys are hiding behind the warranty to not have to replace the parts but when you guys can't even supply for parts to repair the problem, that is an issue!

2 Posts

June 10th, 2019 09:00

Ok so I had the same issue. Out if warranty and got this error randomly. Here is what we did removed the power cable for 5 mins. Plug it back and error gone. It came back after 2-3 days. Did the same steps n started working. hopefully it helps someone

2 Posts

June 12th, 2019 13:00

Did u try the method I sugggested

1 Message

June 20th, 2019 16:00

Same problem here.  Family has two H625cdw printers, each about 4-6 months out of warranty.  Both died this week with scanner error 062-380.  Both were home printers, lightly used (one's scanner was probably used for less than thirty copies).  A quick Google search shows dozens of people with the same problem with no solution from Dell.  So many people's printers dying from the same problem at the same time -- is this a defect or planned self-destruction after the warranty period?  Either way Dell should make it right to all of us.

3 Posts

June 22nd, 2019 17:00

Mine also just encountered this error. Purchased November 27, 2017. So 7 months out of warranty, and only used at home very lightly. Thought I was buying a quality color laser jet that was going to last several years, after reading all of these posts I guess there appears to be a manufacturer defect. I would be happy if there was at least a software update pushed so you could at least still use the printer, instead of the whole machine being bricked!

• 

16.7K Posts

June 24th, 2019 04:00

Texas111,

Unfortunately, based on the service tag number, the warranty has expired. You can wait for a reply from other community members or contact the Dell Out of Warranty Support Team by clicking here.

July 4th, 2019 09:00

Mark,

It blows my mind (and probably most others here) that the entire unit is considered unusable because a small part of the scanner light is out. This has absolutely no bearing on the printing ability of this unit, which is great in my opinion. I have been thoroughly satisfied with this printer up until this. Now I have a giant boat anchor. I am considering spending a couple hundred to get an entirely new replacement scanner flatbed and attempting to swap that myself to see if it resolves the issue.

3 Posts

July 9th, 2019 05:00

@NighthawkCP  I completely agree, the printer is great! Makes no sense that a scanner issue would brick the entire unit.

You would think Dell could at least push a firmware update over Wi-Fi  to only disable the scanning capabilities instead of making the whole unit unusable when this error is encountered. 

No Events found!