Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

June 4th, 2018 22:00

H625cdw, scanner error code 062-380

I've used this printer over the last 13 months in my home office to print perhaps 15 pages total. Now, when it boots up, I get Scanner error 062-380 and it requests that I turn the power off and turn it back on again.

The message says "Contact Customer Support if the error is repeated"

As mentioned previously, the printer is 13 months old and now out of warranty - and it looks like Dell does not allow warranty extensions on printers.

I can't get past the scanner error to actually use the printer, and I am not particularly happy about my price per page ROI. ;)

Can anyone tell me what this error is? Where I can get my hands on a service manual or parts? - or even just recommend an approved repair shop in the Chicagoland area?

I cannot believe that a printer as rarely used as this one has suddenly failed for no obvious reason.

3 Posts

October 13th, 2019 16:00

agreed, check out this link for a possible solution:

https://bit.ly/31bngid

2 Posts

October 15th, 2019 19:00

Why is it always the printer!!!!

4 Posts

October 16th, 2019 20:00

Dan062380: That is definitely not a solution, just a link to a Reddit discussion. Please don't try to deceive people here.

4 Posts

October 26th, 2019 12:00

Yeah, this is not cool. Being it's made by Xerox (Workcentre 6515) both companies should release a firmware update that at least allows us to either bypass the error or disable scanning completely if they're not going to do anything about helping fix these that have the issue usually *just* out of warranty. My warranty expired 7 months ago and just saw this problem show up.

Never had any major problems with Dell laser printers, sold them for at least a decade to business customers. Now that Dell isn't selling their printers anymore it's another nail in the coffin... not much hope that they'll do anything about this scenario. They're not getting any Dell printer business from anyone anyway.

2 Posts

December 4th, 2019 18:00

This is something that I am encountering as well from time to time. Usually when I restart the machine everything seems to workout really well but I understand that the situation is going to get worse as time goes by. And that time finally came today.

Despite starting the machine multiple times it won't come on. I finally took out all the paper that was in the machine and on the scanner bed ADF open the top so that when the printer started again, the scanner had nothing to scan. And wala everything worked and the printer is back on again. Give it a try!

2 Posts

December 5th, 2019 13:00

Along with my Dell printer which is now junk; I have several Brother printers and you will not be disappointed with them. I have switched from Dell to Brother and am very pleased. 

2 Posts

December 5th, 2019 13:00

Thanks for the suggestion, however, after trying this mine is still giving the error code. Please follow up and let us know if your printer continues to work properly. 

December 7th, 2019 09:00

Same problem!

Bought around Sept 2017.  Haven’t been used much in the last two years.  Very low ROI!!

December 10th, 2019 06:00

I'll add my voice to the mix.  Warranty period ended in April 2019.  Unit is exhibiting the issue.  Called Dell and was given the run-around.  No solution and was even told that it was not worth repairing the printer.  Only solution was to replace with a new Dell printer....UH...No thanks!

3 Posts

December 22nd, 2019 08:00

Well after going without a printer for 6 months and monitoring this forum with just a hope Dell would do the right thing and at least push a firmware update to allow the print function to work I have given up. 

I am now the proud owner of a Canon ImageClass 743. So far so good and very comparable features.

I personally will never purchase another Dell product after the experience with this printer. 

January 11th, 2020 19:00

Put me on the list. Kinda feel stupid since this thread started before I even made my purchase. Here is what I would do when looking to resolve this situation.

1: Prepare for frustration. (this is key)

2: Make a list of printers that can be purchased to replace the dreaded DELL 625cdw.

3: Remove all printers made by DELL. (I removed the ones that physically resemble DELL printers strictly out of spite)

4: Search On-line and make sure you are not buying from a garbage company. 

5: Purchase a printer that is not going to turn into a paper weight. 

6: Find 2 good friends grab a camera and take printer into field. 

7: Recreate printer bashing scene from Office Space. (The song from that scene is "Still" by the Ghetto Boys)

8: Print pictures out on nice new printer knowing that it will function properly. 

9: Post pics and videos online and hope they go viral (I'm positive there are enough of us to start a trend) 

10: Hope that it goes viral to raise awareness. 

January 15th, 2020 18:00

add me to the list, I’ve seen the error on my printer for months and finally got around to googling it, after reading through all of this I cannot believe this is a known issue by sooooo many people and Dell has done nothing to make it right!?!? Seriously I’m ready to get rid of all my dell stuff and never buy anything dell again

1 Message

January 23rd, 2020 19:00

Same thing here.  I guess I'm lucky - I had the printer for several years and used it a lot.  Just put in my 3rd or 4th black cartridge.  I did have a similar problem (different error code) when it was still under warranty and had Dell send a guy here who fixed it with some difficulty.  Later on had software problems with scanning and gave up and used only scan to USB.  Software on this thing is horrible.  Now this - error came up without warning when I tried to print a document.  I guess it's dead.  Shame since it had good features and print quality for the price.

246 Posts

January 27th, 2020 03:00

Put me on the list as another victim. This Multi printer was lightly used. I bought this printer knowing it was a Xerox design Unit. Unfortunately it seems like the Xerox equivalent has the same issue. The previous dell laser multi was taken out by corrupted firmware that I replaced with this unit, but I received much more use out of it, so the components and parts were good, just the firmware was corrupted.  Very disappointed in Dell by not addressing the issue. My parents bought a brother brand similar in function and it works flawlessly and they use it under heavier use. So will dell stand by their brand and correct their product defect? We will see....  

No Events found!