Highlighted
ParrotQueen
1 Copper

HELP! 3000cn won't print

I'm getting desperate. I've spent 2 days trying to get my 3000cn to print but noting I do works and nothing that the troubleshooters have suggested works. My OS is Windows XP Pro. The printer is showing on the Printers and Faxes folder. I'm running a wired network through Network Magic and it also shows the printer as being there, but whenever I try to print, nothing is sent to the printer. When I go to Printer Properties and click Options I do a Search Printer action and a warning pops up which says "Unable to find Dell Laser Printer 3000cn PCL6 printer from the network. This printer is attached directly to my computer via USB cable.Can anyone help me? Please?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gazfocus
1 Copper

Re: HELP! 3000cn won't print

Have you set up the printer via USB as well? Does it print when trying to print to the USB version?

0 Kudos
ParrotQueen
1 Copper

Re: HELP! 3000cn won't print

Yes. That's what it was set up for. The computer that it was connected to died, so I moved the connection to a different one, changed the computer name, the share name. I did it by the manual instructions. I lost the CD that came with the printer, so I downloaded the driver from Dell. Nothing has worked. Do you think I need the CD after all? Where can I get a new CD?

0 Kudos