Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 25th, 2013 16:00

Have to restart to print more than twice

My computer running Windows 7 will only print twice and then I have to restart my computer. The next job will scroll and show up in the print status box, but nothing will print. I have to restart. When the problem first started, it would only print once. Then I noticed that if I restarted the Print Spooler service, it would continue printing. So, I opened the C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS in Safe mode and deleted all the files. I removed and reinstalled the printer. Then I was able to print twice. Now, after I print the second time, a file called 0002.SPL shows up in in the C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS folder. Restarting the  Print Spooler service does not work anymore. Another odd thing is that there seem to be multiple copies of the printer on the system. They don't show up in the devices screen, but they show up in the list of printers in the application and when I right click the printer in the devices screen. Even when I completely uninstall and reinstall the printer, the copies are still there. 

The printer is a Dell V313.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 25th, 2013 17:00

ttianna,

In the last batch of Windows Updates, Microsoft installed Internet Explorer 11. IE11 had been causing printer problems.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 25th, 2013 20:00

ttianna,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

4 Posts

December 25th, 2013 20:00

That worked. Thank you!

No Events found!